• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can anybody give me advice please on Baileys bald patch.....

Kim_w

Mama Doe
As some of you will already know just after christmas I got Bailey my rescue bun. When I was bonding them Bailey was the obviously the most dominent but at the moment Rupert seems to follow her around all the time trying to hump her, he isnt being aggressive and most of the time he just gets as far as rubbing his chin onbher back as though he is about to get on top of her but she hops away but doesnt tell him off. As this is happaning a lot she has got a bald patch on her back where he keeps rubbing his chin on her, it isnt sore at all just bald. But at night when I shut them in sometimes she chases him and goes for him so I have to let them out again. The other night she started chasing him so I thought I would just leave them to it to sort it out, they stopped but then a little while later she was chasing him again and she screamed so I let them out straight away because I know that rabbits only scream if they are really frightened!! Apart from what I have just described they are fine- eat happily together and lie next to each other.
Is Rupert just trying to assert himself as boss?? Why doesnt she tell him off?? If she starts chasing him at night again sould I leave them to sort it out??

Its really worrying me because he wont leave her alone x

Angie65 said:
I hate the sound of a bun scream - was she injured at all? He might just have got a lucky nip in :(

It is her that chases him when they are in the cage thats why I dont understand why she doesnt tell him off when they are loose in my room. If he was still pestering her when they are in there cage then I would prob have to seperate them to give her a break.
Thats why I was thinking should I leave them to it in the cage so she can tell him off then he might stop pestering her.
We got the keys to our flat yest so hopefully when we move them in they will be ok because it will be new territory for both of them.

He was fine I think he was just scared!

Back