• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice on Bun which needs new home please!

Lynette

Warren Scout
Hello guys,

Just been asked whether I will give a home to a Bun. People moving house and can't take her with them (renting). I've got Rusty at the moment and have been wanting to bond him. Decided I was going to wait until got new house as just had offer accepted.

Rusty is my first Rabbit and was only planning on getting another one. No idea where I would start with bonding and what i'd do if they didn't bond.

I've pointed her in the direction of Rabbit re home and asked for more detail and will ask if I can put a post on here. But if she doesn't find a home how could I say no??? :oops:

Thanks guys. XXX

I think if it is going to cause you problems it would be better to say no than to struggle. Boding is time consuming and sometimes it's easier to let the rescue centre do it. They'll take your bun in for a weekend etc and bond them with a rabbit for you. Hope that helps x

YAY YAY YAY I get overexcited when people from stoke join. Where abouts in Stoke are you (just being nosey thats all) Im in hartshill right now, used to live in newcastle.
Good luck with your move! :D

If rusty is a boy and the new bun is a girl bonding may not be a major issue. Dont take it on if your not ready though. Moving house is such a task and if your moving soon the bunnys might still be living separatly so double trouble! It'd be much more exciting and less stressful for you to choose your own new bun when your settled in your new house. But true-how could you say no?

Good luck
k

I am in Heron Cross at the moment and moving to Meir Hay soon. I'm actually from Swansea but moved to be with my Fiance who is from here.
I work in Newcastle.

I think I will just have to wait and see with this Bun. I guess I could end up with 3. Wouldn't be the end of the world :D :oops:

Back