• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Think we made Cleo Ill

Jemma&Theo

Mama Doe
Tried bonding again today, seems when theo goes behind her (below) she bolts

but now she is shaking terribly and breathing really quickly- shes terrified. What happens now? I put her in her cage but she is still really scared

Awww... he looked like he was asking to be groomed! wonder why she spooked? I'd bite the bullet, keep them together and don't separate unless you have to... there didn't seem to be any nasty intentions there. but I'm no expert...

i would have kept them together but she looked like she was gonna have a heart attack- no joke. Shes just calming down now.

Shes the problem in all the bonding- she just runs off- so naturally- he chases.

I feel guilty becuase she looks terrified. If she is that scared she should be the submissive one surely and just let him hump her.

(plus I think my OH was so scared for her he nearley cried)

Awww... :( poor little luv. I don't know what is generally done in situations like this, but perhaps limit the space, so she can't run away? does she have a fave treat that could be used as a distraction? have you tried putting them in a pen on some grass - again, as a distraction?

why is she so scared? theo is half her size?

we have no lawn im afraid im in a flat- but clarys (birdiebun) offered her lawn if needs must

I agree with Cotton. It really did look like a simple grooming request. I wouldn't seperate them now. Have you tried putting mashed banana between the ears? I've read that can sometimes encourage grooming.

yeah, ill give it a go. Theos not much for banana but even if he gets if off himself its a good thing. He is grroming in front of her but shes not returning the gesture

i've introduced many rabbits over the years with various behaviour in the begining. However all have worked eventually except 1 pair I put them on my rug 1 at each end so they could see each other. Well i've never seen anything like it they ran to each other then were entangled about 2ft of the floor when I got them apart there was fur every where. One had a scratch but no real injury otherone was ok and both were raring for more!! So in my experience if you perservere it will work eventually enless they are gremlins fom the start. I always keep in mind it will be better in the long term if they have each other

aww things look even better - maybe cleo has had a bad experience with something being behind her :shock: sounds rude!

that vid looked great you are making progress Cleo will stop being so scared soon XX

Awww bless her. Why not try the confined space of a pet carrier and take them on a journey together, its supposed to work a treat I've heard?

norrielian said:
Awww bless her. Why not try the confined space of a pet carrier and take them on a journey together, its supposed to work a treat I've heard?

shes done that lol :thumb:

BirdieBun said:
norrielian said:

shes done that lol :thumb:

yeah went well but that sat far apart from each other - ill put them in tonight and walk around the flat with them- swing em about a bit. he he- just kiddin

BirdieBun said:
aww things look even better - maybe cleo has had a bad experience with something being behind her :shock: sounds rude!

that vid looked great you are making progress Cleo will stop being so scared soon XX

Think ur right- jane told me the person who bought her to the rescue kept her for a week in a pink plastic lego box and she had small children- so i bet you can imagine she got messed about a lot

Back