• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

yet another unwanted pet....

OH got asked at work a couple of weeks back if he knew anyone who wanted a rabbit. Someone at the other site knows he collects newspapers for me so thought he would be a good bet. This rabbit belongs to a young girl, she has got bored and they don't have time for it. I kinda left it, thinking if they want to rehome it they should make the effort, but part of me was also thinking at least if it comes to me it will be loved. Anyway, OH rang today to say the bun has already been at grannies for a couple of weeks and she is desperate for it to go. So is coming home with him friday. Is a 2-3 yr old black lop doe. Not been handled much, never been with other buns, unneutuered, oh and apparently can be grumpy when "in season" :roll: So she is coming home on Friday. Am hoping to eventually bond her into my group of 6, but will bond her with a friend first, so that they go in as a pair.
Just annoys me that this is another unwanted pet. This is the 4th unwanted child's pet in a year, 2 others came from rescues and 1 from a relative. I know everyone on here feels the same, but I just needed to rant about how it upsets how people see pets as disposable.
rant over. x Jess

Back