• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Getting ex-ill bunny's weight up!!!????

cavysrock

Wise Old Thumper
Okay,
Basil has recovvered according to the vets, I just need to get his weight up again, but what can i feed him?

Porridge, carrots maybe some stale brown bread....anything with lots of carbs in it.

Generous pellets too.

agree with porridge oats..moisten then a little..but watch the brown bread as it tends to have a lot of salt in it..
Basil isn't a huge bunny so he should reach his correct weight quite easily with a normal diet of pellets, veg and hay :D

I said on another post,

my mom fosters a disabled baby girl and we have powdered pure calorie formula called ''maxijul'' - its given to babies so i should imagine it is harmless and just consists of calorie from sugar etc-

search maxijul on the web, if you want some- ill send you some- just mix it in their food,

basil doesn't eat hay :( i have seen him nibble a few strands but he has had a full hay rack for days :roll: he does leike supa excel forgae though, and he LOVES oats so i'll try them aswell

Back