• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits and Frogs

CottonMather

Warren Veteran
Does anyone have a garden where rabbits co-exist with frogs?
If so, is there any interaction at all?... or do they ignore each other?
:D

Zeus spotted two frogs humping their way round my pond-less garden one day - stamped his back legs and hid but he was a scaredy bunny despite being a giant and about 10 times the size of the frogs!

Caz

I've rescued a few frogs from the bunnies run, goodness knows how they squeeze through the mesh but the rabbits seem totally oblivious. But then they totally ignore the vole that walks through, the squirrel that runs over the top and the birds that sit on the edge. They do occationally take notice of the cats but usually they growl lunge at them rather than being worried.

Tam

We have toads in our pondless garden, my two don't mind them at all. When it's sunny they sit in the shade under a wheel barrow with the toads, although the toads do look rather nervous!

When I had outdoor bunnies at my parents, they lived right next to a pond full of frogs. There were no problems, I just had to be careful not to tread on any frogs when I went down to see the buns.

Look closely and you should just about make out the froggy in the pic with Rusty looking totally nonchalant.. but mind you she is blind :lol:
DSC01155.jpg

Tamsin said:
I've rescued a few frogs from the bunnies run, goodness knows how they squeeze through the mesh

They can though, I watched a fully grown frog/toad squeeze through a piece of 2*1cm weld mesh into one of my runs :shock: I have loads of them around the garden, they don't seem to bother each other.

My bun teddy investigated a frog the other week. All he did was get close to it and the frog screamed!!! :eek: I nearly died!!! teddy just carried on his way! :lol:

If you kiss all the frogs after they have been with the Buns they will turn into bonded buns - honest, try it! The warty ones tend to be bucks so be selective :D

I have lots of frogs in my garden as i live by the waterside.My bunnies don,t bat an eyelid,they totally ignore the frogs.My St Bernard dog though who is 14 stone is absolutely terried of them :lol: :lol: :lol:

Awww... that's all good to know! I haven't got froggies yet - but was thinking of installing a little pond and some spawn soon! :D

A small frog got in one of the buns runs and she stood on it (the frog was fine) as she didn't notice it! Then she did and freaked out lol.

My marmalade is fascinated by frogs, she has a tendency to follow them around the garden watching them hop.
She can't understand where they have gone to when they disappear under the shed.
She's so funny to watch.

Back