• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Types of Rabbit

kayjay

Warren Veteran
Do you love all types/breeds of rabbits or are you attracted to certain breeds or colours??

I must confess to being drawn to lop rabbits, whether large or small, I love them. I don't care what colour they are they're all beautiful and I really like agouti rabbits, they're gorgeously natural :love:

Do you think it's right or wrong to like certain types of rabbits? I know a lot of people don't like pink eyes or agouti or black buns.

i likes all bunnies but i do have a soft spot for lops, english, dutch, rexes and giants. dont see why people dont like black, agouti or REW their my fave colours :D

kayjay said:
But do you think it's wrong if someone goes only for eg rexes

no because rabbits are like a ''hobby'' i wouldnt go just for them- but if someone wants their hobby to go that way its up to them. You could rescue just rexes and that would make no odds

I have always had a soft spot for lop eared rabbits - but never had one!! I got Pickle (lionhead) because he was sick and looked dreadful and I wanted to make him better and Twinkle (nethie) because she was so friendly.

Nothing wrong in sticking to one breed though if that is your favourite.

fluffiebunnie said:
I have always had a soft spot for lop eared rabbits - but never had one!! I got Pickle (lionhead) because he was sick and looked dreadful and I wanted to make him better and Twinkle (nethie) because she was so friendly.

Nothing wrong in sticking to one breed though if that is your favourite.

I have a soft spot for Nethies as I had them as a child .... on my 'must have sometime' list are mini-lops, French Lops and fluffy lionheads

I saw a minilop the other week in the pet shop near us and fell madly in love with her, she was so pretty and delicate I was very tempted....only a strong will and reminding myself 'I must not buy from petshops...' kept me away!!

Jack's-Jane said:
I love ALL Rabbits but will always feel that Rexes are special.

Janex

(Please don't be offended) but I've always thought the your photos of your rexes showed them to be 'odd looking' buns :oops: HOWEVER I met Mandy's Audrey in the fur and thought she was gorgeous and totally different from any other rabbit I had seen before, and I did see that perhaps I was too 'closed minded' about which rabbits I prefer

A rabbit is a rabbit imo 8) I just take whatever needs a home at the time, regardless of shape, size, sex or colour :lol: In 15 years of keeping buns I'd never had any lops though until now after adopting Veronicas family of six, they are cute but I wouldnt say I prefer loppys to uppys! I do like blue eyed buns and have had 3 but dont go out my way to lok for them and I'll always have a soft spot for blacks because no one else wants them :D

I like lops and love the Hotot colouring (like charlie, white with black eyeliner)...

I must admit I didn't much like REWs before owning a bun (*neither of mine are REW) but having seen some pics on here I think they are dead sweet, plus I've known a few red eyed ratties and they weren't as "freaky" as i'd previously imagined)

I'm not overly keen on nethies, even though Jack is one as I think (mostly) their ears are too short but they have the CUTEST faces!. I feel awful saying that as all bunnies are beautiful.. I will go and give myself 50 lashes immediately...

i love anybun! i do have a special thing for lops, and i rather like giants, but i wouldnt go lookig for a particular type, just one that picks me! i do like black buns and REW buns, but again wouldnt really choose to have a different bun because of its colour.

I like black rabbits and have had some stunning agoutis in the past. I would not like a rabbit (or any animal) with red eyes, it does freak me out and always has. I feel awful saying that :oops:

My rabbits I have at the moment are brought because i can't rescue at the moment (rented flat). So i sort of got to choose exactly the breeds that are my favourites, Dutch and English. Ivor, the dutch didnt really give me a choice because his personality was so amazing, i was actually looking for an english doe, i got Anna, my english doe a few months later :D

I love all rexes, and prefer uppy-eared buns rather than lop-ears, though I do like the helicopter effect!! :)

capel said:
I love all rexes, and prefer uppy-eared buns rather than lop-ears, though I do like the helicopter effect!! :)
I have always loved lop eared and rescued two.Just got another bunny that was found in someones garden she is a baby English and is beautiful :love: I have come to the conclusion that i love all rabbits now :lol: :lol:

I love all bunnies :D

but esp nethies, :D

i also like unusal marked bunnies or ones with problems (i dont know why - i suppose in a way i feel more 'sorry for them' - does that make sence???).

I love waffles' markings, and by problems i mean either behaviour or physical problems.

barbie, itzi & simba all had behavior problems!!!!

and hopefuly soon i will be rehoming Pebble (the one eyed bunny from GBH) and i may have Teddy who has something wrong with his back :cry:

All bunnies are beautiful imo :D whether they are agouti, REW, blind, one eared etc etc.

Ivor/Anna said:
I would not like a rabbit (or any animal) with red eyes, it does freak me out and always has. I feel awful saying that :oops:

oh your not the only one there :?

lionheads are the rabbit for me - i think there're the best ! :D

Back