• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

could have said something very rude today

putting this in rabbit chat cas its about rabbits :lol:
anyhoos i had a random decision to go to asda today for some ben and jerrys for tonight - abit of a trip. pets at home is near asda so i nipped in to get some of those nice natural treats for harvey and oscar.
i nipped me head to look in the rabbit n piggie pen as i usually do and there was this mum and a girl( about 10?) looking in. there was only 2 buns in one pen and 1 bun in another and afew piggies. this little girl peers in - looks at her mum and says - i dont want any of them mummy - they look boring! i want a pretty cute rabbit! and the mum says ok darling we will go to kettering pets at home and see if they have any nicer rabbits!!! i felt like saying something but just gave evils! yet another case of the plain colour rabbits being overlooked! i could have so bunny napped them ! i dunno how they didnt see them as cute!!they were stunning!

Well I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder isn't it...... and unfortunately P@H sell so many people do have a choice, although I suspect if the mum had asked they'd have had more 'out the back' - I've been in when one has been sold and the assistant brings another out like they're stacking shelves :(

how awful! makes my heart break for the little bunnies who get left behind. I bought Jack from P@H (BEFORE I discovered this site or I would never have been in there) and Charlie from a little private petshop and, even though I love them SO much (Just looking at them all laid out on the rug now makes me want to go over and cuddle them... be right back...) when the time comes to get another pair I will DEFINITELY rescue.

Getting a little girl (especially this one who is obviously more concerned with looks than looking after it) a bunny is so silly as she'll probably go off it! My kids will obviously have rabbits (when I have kids that it) as I won't be without my buns but they will understand the responsibility with owning pets that are so dependent on you. Cats can pretty much look after themselves but bunnies need contact and love!!!

Glad you gave them evils, I wouldn't have dared say anything but would have wanted to for sure. As for stacking the shelves - poor bunnies!! I'd hate to feel like a can of beans.

My thumper came from p@h as well but I would never buy from a pet shop now - I wish more people were aware of the fact that there are so many buns loking for forever homes! I know that i wasnt aware until i became obsessed again! lol

hi

Hmm and the little brat will get a 'cute pretty' rabbit and then get bored of it in a few weeks. I can't stand parents that bring their kids up like that.

Back