• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

im sorry about this people...

Jemma&Theo

Mama Doe
more about bonding.

The scenario I think Is that theo wants to mount cleo (i havent seen him actually get up there though)

She doesnt want him to mount her- i think she wants to be the dominant one. So what happens now. I just need to get them over this stage.

How will they eventually decide who mounts and who is mounted???

I had this problem with Crunchie and Jake, Jake was always trying to mount Crunchie but she is very strong willed and just wasn't having any of it! There wasn't any violence to speak of, just lots of stomping and no progress.
I think it was Mandy who told me to just leave them together for a few days, we did that and problem was solved :D maybe worth a shot if yours aren't really hurting each pther?

Someone will either give in until dominant bun gets bored, or dominant bun will get a swift nip & be told to back off :lol:

Time together usually makes 'em stop. If they're not actually fighting & you feel brave enough - I'd leave them to it :lol:

id like to but im at work in the days. Im letting them meet of an evening.

Yeah, lots of stamping and growling and fur but no real fights.

Cant one just give up

Jemma&Theo said:

Cant one just give up

Each time they meet they have to re-establish authority. it'll be over faster if you leave 'em to it :wink:

Let them get on with it and sort themselves out. Whoever wins, wins. Karen's Fudge had a high old time with Furby..she let him get on with it and then eventually started running away, and he just seemed to calm down and give up. With my two , at the start of the bonding Bournville actually took chunks of Floss's hair out and then after a day or two she turned on him. She's now the dominant one and still insists on humping him every now and then so just to put him in his place. Doesn't seem to bother him at all.

Jemma&Theo said:

Cant one just give up

I wasnt being posh then ''Cant one give up'' i meant can one of them give up.

One is making a mess of this

capel said:
Let them get on with it and sort themselves out. Whoever wins, wins. Karen's Fudge had a high old time with Furby..she let him get on with it and then eventually started running away, and he just seemed to calm down and give up. With my two , at the start of the bonding Bournville actually took chunks of Floss's hair out and then after a day or two she turned on him. She's now the dominant one and still insists on humping him every now and then so just to put him in his place. Doesn't seem to bother him at all.

cant they believe in living together, abide by the equal rights act.

But am i right in assuming that this is good so far, they are unlikely to properly fight? or just wishful thinking?

Leave the bonding until you can give a couple of days when you won't seperate them, eg the weekend, then leave them alone...... unless they're actually hurting each other of course. MJ used to mount Pippa and she'd run off all the time, but the novelty soon wore off, I certainly didn't stop him or seperate them, I let them sort it out themselves

Jemma&Theo said:
Jemma&Theo said:

Cant one just give up

I wasnt being posh then ''Cant one give up'' i meant can one of them give up.

One is making a mess of this

One just had me in stitches :lol:

he he.

Well, next saturday 'one' is going to warwick castle so jane and her O/H said they will try bonding them for the day, then they can come home in a carry case together and maybe spend the evening together and the sunday?

Or

Ill give warwick a miss and do it myself because i would hate anything to happen to them at janes- i wouldnt want to blame them if you know what i mean.

Back