• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Very silly question.....

Miloe's_Mum

Alpha Buck
but i'll have to ask it anyway! :shock:

Where my buns lived before - it was carpeted, and of course there are a couple of wee stains still left on the carpet (i have tried to get off with white vinegar).

When i get more bunnies, do you think they could 'catch' anything from these wee stains?? :oops: Please dont laugh, i'm just trying to be over cautious! :D

Is there anything i can spray on the carpet or clean the carpet with??

Thanks

i am not saying this as a some one who knows alot about rabbits, but someone who lives with two medical students, a doctor and a nurse.

the longest bacteria can survive out of a body is four days maximum. so i really dont think you have anything to worry about. :D i wouldnt trust me that much tho as i hate science and dont know that much. just from books i have read :D:D hope this helps.
but, if you want to be really sure i say use a disinfectant: Detol or bleach.

Cait & Elmo

I have no idea about catching things :?

But any commercial carpet cleaner should do something for the stains

I've got the same problem with my carpet, there's nothing available to get rid of existing stain that i'm aware of. The fact is the ammonia has bleached the carpet and made it another colour, like hair dye a suppose.
You wash your hair and it's clean isn't it?

I've used a carpet washer several times, the carpet is clean it's just stained and looks dirty if you get what i mean!

To stop any more stains appearing though i've got a pet stain remover. I got it from Morrisons, it comes in a squirty bottle and i've found that it stops my bunnies wee staining the carpet. If only i had it before i would never have got a stained carpet. Oh well never mind!

Good luck with the new bunnies, hoped that i helped

I agree about there being no bacteria after such a long time. With working in nursery schools and having to clean up lots of wee frequently i do know that soapy water is the best thing to use to kill bacteria as disinfectant doesn't kill the bacteria just does what it says - disinfects it! No idea how to get the stain out mind you - google it! - theres always weird and wonderful 'old wives tales'.
K

Simple solution is what i use, it will clean up old stains too. I have used every stain remover product i could find to clean a dirty spot on the cream hall carpet, and simple solution is the absolute best I swear by it. :D

nicole said:
Simple solution is what i use, it will clean up old stains too. I have used every stain remover product i could find to clean a dirty spot on the cream hall carpet, and simple solution is the absolute best I swear by it. :D

Whats simple solution? whered you get it from?

i got mine from k9 capers but its sold on many pet sites..its pricey but evrr so good it is going to be hwta i renovate our huge rug with..but be warned you must use a heck of a lot of kitchen towel to soak up the wees first! and then more to soak up the stuff after youve waited for it to do its work..its great stuff cos you can use it on your own laundry for things like blood vomit etc..

ah but wot about things like the spores from e c they survive a long time..

i have a vax steam cleaner and its a godesend..that combine dwith simple solution! mind you after the flood weve got a bit of carpet left..im going to have get the flooring sorted soon! theres something caled a steam mop..it puts out dry steam so you dont have soaking carpets and it does carpets and laminate floors..my steamer is great but its time fiddly getting it all out etc..this would be fab..and its reasonably priced..no gaskets to worry about blowing with pressure valves.and you top it up on the go..no scalding yourself..unlike mine!
i always think its best to err on the side of caution..heck my houses a tip but i do try and make sure safe than sorry.

Back