• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Blue is insane/U/D He's home!

Gem

Wise Old Thumper
:cry:

Bit wary of putting my hand in his cage anyway but I went to stroke him and his cage mates and he went for my other wrist :cry: Then promptly turned on his mates :(

There was a manic look in his eye as he leapt at me, I should imagine its a bit like Angie's Calel looks before he strikes :(

Am very very upset and don't know what to do with him now :cry:

He will be taken to the vets tomorrow for full blood tests and a brain scan :(

Awwww Gem is Blue's eyesight OK?

Hal is blind and when I first got him he would fly at me, all four feet off the ground and growling :shock: :shock:

His breeder said the only way to be able to pick him up was 'by his ears'..... :evil: :cry: Needless to say I ignored that 'advice' :roll:

But now Hal and I have an agreement. I always talk with him before trying to touch him, just so he knows who I am. I always make sure my hands smell of me and not another Bunny.

Anyway, just thought I'd mention the eyesight thing. It is upsetting when a Bun attacks :cry: But try not to take it personally.

Janex

Jack's-Jane said:

I'm pretty sure it is, he knew I was there just was acting really crazy and hyper :?

I'll get his eyes checked tomorrow as well :)

Jack's-Jane said:
Anyway, just thought I'd mention the eyesight thing. It is upsetting when a Bun attacks :cry: But try not to take it personally.

What's upset me more is that I've had him from a baby, he was always a friendly bun and used to love sitting on my shoulder like a parrot when he was smaller, he's just changed so suddenly, guess it means there is somethng wrong :?

Gem said:
Jack's-Jane said:

I'm pretty sure it is, he knew I was there just was acting really crazy and hyper :?

I'll get his eyes checked tomorrow as well :)

Jack's-Jane said:

What's upset me more is that I've had him from a baby, he was always a friendly bun and used to love sitting on my shoulder like a parrot when he was smaller, he's just changed so suddenly, guess it means there is somethng wrong :?

Hmmmmm, well if a previously friendly Bun suddenly becomes grumpy it usually means they are trying to tell us something is wrong. I am beginning to wonder if Katie's occassional grumpiness to her now at The Bridge friend Muirne was because her bladder problems were starting :? :cry:

I hope your Vet can find out what's causing Blue's change in character. If only these Buns could talk!! Its often so hard to work out what's going on for them.....

Janex

Blue went off to the vets this morning a whirling mass of teeth and claws :(

Have left my baby there with the vet and all the nurses wearing Gauntlets :roll:

Roll on 3pm when I can call and see how my darling is :(

He had to be sedated for an MRI scan and a Blood Test :(

He's come round fine and can come home, I think a few of the nurses are minus fingers though :oops:

Should get the test results back tomorrow :)

Gem said:
He had to be sedated for an MRI scan and a Blood Test :(

He's come round fine and can come home, I think a few of the nurses are minus fingers though :oops:

Should get the test results back tomorrow :)

Glad he can come home :)

Its just the waiting for results now, thats the worst bit for us Bunny Mummies.

Sending vibes for good news

Janex

Oh Gem thats so upsetting..i mean from how poor Bif changed losing oscar has been enough to upset me and for you to have had this d arling lilttle furbaby turn psycho bunny must have been souldestroying..

I hope everything comes back with good news and the nurses dont sue him! :lol:
wish they could talk,..wish theyd understand is more what id like!

Back