• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

litter tray filling

Jemma&Theo

Mama Doe
I want to stop using sawdust in the litter trays because of risk on lungs.

what can i use? i find rabbit litter like ''critter litter'' is very expensive for 2 buns and cat litter- i am afraid of the ''toxic fumes'' someone told me about or them eating them.

please can i have some advice on a good filling? thanks all

I use Megazorb and then put a layer of hay over that.. It works really well and never any kind of smell..

I use carefresh, but after this bag is full i think I will change over to paper from our work shredder.

animusuk said:
I use megazorb, it's really cheap, really absorbent and stops it stinking :lol: http://www.ukpetsupplies.com/Details.aspx?ProdId=991&CatId=924&ParentId=175 It'll be even cheaper if you can find a local farm/equine supplies shop near you :D
Hmm i could use that too! :D I have a local place called the Horse and Hound,infact it is my brothers friends parents buisness,hmm maybe i could get a discount... :? :roll: :D :wink: They should sell it!

Anyway!Hope you can get some that isn't too much.I need to train my pigs to use it!They do when they feel like it though... :x

Ax

mandy said:
I use carefresh, but after this bag is full i think I will change over to paper from our work shredder.

isnt printer ink and toner toxic? plus- when wet will stain ur bunnies the colour of the print

i use rabbit litter (that is its name) i get it from a prt super market near st albans its about £3 for 5lt bag

I used to use sawdust but recently tried pets at home (don't start!!)'s rabbit litter. Its digestable wood pellets (can't think how else to describe them) and they absorb so well the litter tray itself is always spotless when i tip the litter out - sawdust used to make wee etc stick to the tray. Really good. About £3 for what looks like a small bag but only a tiny bit is needed so really lasts ages.

Jemma&Theo said:
mandy said:

isnt printer ink and toner toxic? plus- when wet will stain ur bunnies the colour of the print

I dont know is it :? What about newspaper ink that most people use in their trays?

I dont care so much about the staining.

mandy- did u click edit instead of quote- cus i didnt say that????

Jemma&Theo said:
mandy said:

I dont know is it :? What about newspaper ink that most people use in their trays?

Jemma&Theo said:
Jemma&Theo said:
mandy said:

yep sorry Jemma Im an idiot, still getting used to these new buttons :oops: :lol:

have changed it now

I thought it was ok :? I give mine phonebooks to destroy after seeing it on here and I have read on here that people put newspaper in the hutches

EcoPet Bed here :wink:

Fab stuff, £6.50 a sack lasts me two months with 13 buns & 2 guineas and three and a half months with 8 buns & 3 guineas :D

mandy said:
Jemma&Theo said:
Jemma&Theo said:
mandy said:

yep sorry Jemma Im an idiot, still getting used to these new buttons :oops: :lol:

have changed it now

Mandy you have too much power :lol: :lol:

IsabelM said:
mandy said:
Jemma&Theo said:
Jemma&Theo said:
mandy said:

have changed it now

Mandy you have too much power :lol: :lol:

thinking you can edit everyones posts willy nilly. Its gone to your head :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back