• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Unexpected new arrival

Adele

Warren Veteran
Hiya folk :)
We have an unexpected new arrival on the way, in form of black female ( :?: ( rabbit :shock: :shock: :shock:
Our lovely vet phoned to say a rabbit had been dumped inside a plastic bag at the pet shop :evil: :evil:
The pet shop phoned the vets as they did not know what to do with the rabbit, and have nowhere to keep her :?
Our vet phoned us to see if we could help, even on a temporary basis. I said we could , but needed someone to collect the rabbit from the pet shop, and Jo volunteered one of her vet nurses :wink: :lol:
So we are meeting up at 4pm, so the vet has some time to check the bunny over first :)
All the sanctuary bunnies are being vaccinated on site tomorrow, so the new addition to the family can have her vaccination then (assuming she is fit and well).
I will post more here when she arrives, but eerrrrmmmm...we need help with a nice name for a black bunny please...(NOT Blackie or Ebony though :roll: :lol: nothing wrong with the names, but we have had Blackies and Ebonys in the past and in the present :wink: :lol: )
Oooohhh and I thought it was going to be a quiet day :lol: :lol:

Jemma&Theo said:
how awful leaving her in a plastic bag, could she breathe?

liqourice (black and comes in a plastic bag)

Thank you for your message :D
It was a horrible thing to do, leaving the bunny in a plastic bag, the owner cannot have had much care for her welfare :twisted: :twisted:
I dont understand some people, I truly dont...why not make an effort to phone vets, rescues and rspca for advice, instead of dumping a rabbit in this irresponsible way :( The worst thing is, the bunny was left inside the bag next to the rubbish bags from the shop which were due to be collected, so not even inside the shop :evil:
Liqourice is a nice name suggestion for us to consider :)
Best wishes
Adele

Jemma&Theo said:
so could she breathe at all? thats mean. what breed is she? any idea of age?

Sorry we dont know any more details yet, vet nurse will be filling us in shortly as best she can :wink: The vets are manic today as they had some emergency ops to do, so all the staff were rushing around and could only make a quick phone call to me earlier.
As soon as we know more I will let yous know :D

Thats awful :cry: Glad she will be with you soon though :D Cant wait to see pics :D

We had a black bunny when I was little and I called her Magic :oops: :lol:

I also got to name three cute black baby bunnies a couple of years ago when my mums friends daugters bun had an accidental litter. And I called them Piper, Phoebe and Paige :lol: They were rehomed seperatly but they all kept their names :wink: :lol:

Well done Adele to the rescue.

Well knowing of your liking for things Arthurian and Jane Austen, I am thinking

Isolde, (she was Tristans other half and there is a film out about them.

Olwen, a good olde Celtic name

And Jane Austen

Lizzie
Alice, (a leeser known book Jack and Alice.)

Aaawwww thank you for your kind messages :D
You have given me some excellent name ideas, so the poor bunny may end up with many names instead of just the one :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I will have to see what her personality is like before settling on a name, as she may be more of a Jane Austen than a Liquorice :?: , but time will tell :wink: :lol: Only half an hour now and she will be here :shock: :shock:

Aww the poor thing, at least she will be safe now :D
I love Magic (or Magik) or Voodoo as names for black animals, I'm gonna have 3 black kittens one day called Myth, Magic and voodoo :lol: 8)

Yaaaaaay a new arrival :D

Names..... :? :?

Betty (as in the song Black Betty by Ram Jam)

Ciara (pronounced 'kee-ah-ra'. Irish name meaning Black)

Jetta (Black shiney gemstone)

Nerissa (Italian in origin and meaning Black haired)

Janex :D

Well she is here :!: :!: :!: :p :p :p
What a beautiful Glossy black bunny she is too :D :D
She seems very well handled, and friendly, I am godsmacked that she was left tied up in a plastic bag to die :( :(
She could be pregnant, vet did not want to scan her today as she is a bit stressed...not surprisingly :roll:
I have given her a cuddle and settled her in to a comfortable unit in our back hall..she has started exploring already and has tucked into the fresh hay.
She is not a young rabbit, as she has a fully formed ruff around her neck.....difficult to age her but I estimate she is about 3-5 years old :?:
I have names buzzing around my head, but Magic and Ciara are the favourites just now...but there are lots of outside favourites too :wink: :lol: :lol:
VooDoo is definately out though :shock: :lol: :lol:
The vet nurse who brought her over, may have her later on :D She has a couple of bunnies already in a large shed with attached run, but she has another shed that could be adapted for this lovely Doe.
We will see what the future brings, but the bunny is safe now and that is what matter most :)

Back