• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The BIG bond 17/03/07

Sooz

Wise Old Thumper
Ok so 3 bunnies isnt really that big but Ive only bonded pairs before now :oops:

I have decided that it is in Marleys best interests to be bonded with other rabbits as keeping him as a single house bunny is selfish so having been neutered a month ago today he is going to be bonded with my docile pair, Scout and Fiver at the weekend.

I am going to use the kitchen, put down plenty of nice food, hiding places and arm myself with a water spray and towel and basically camp out with them, (kettle, book, fridge...what more do I need?) :lol:

Is there anything else I can do to help them? Should I try the banana trick? Im going to scrub and Sarsonate the hutch too.

Food will work well with Scout, she is very food orientated but Fiver isnt...and its the two boys that worry me, Scout and Marley have met before and been fine.

They are not that into toys either but they do like boxes, so I think I may stockpile for a few days.

As for reading...I live in hope! :lol:

I dont have any advice because I would be too scared to try bonding three :oops: :lol: Just wanted to say good luck and I will be sending bonding vibes :D

Sooz22 said:
Ok so 3 bunnies isnt really that big but Ive only bonded pairs before now :oops:

I have decided that it is in Marleys best interests to be bonded with other rabbits as keeping him as a single house bunny is selfish so having been neutered a month ago today he is going to be bonded with my docile pair, Scout and Fiver at the weekend.

I am going to use the kitchen, put down plenty of nice food, hiding places and arm myself with a water spray and towel and basically camp out with them, (kettle, book, fridge...what more do I need?) :lol:

Is there anything else I can do to help them? Should I try the banana trick? Im going to scrub and Sarsonate the hutch too.

im thinking about the banana trick but theo doesnt like banana- how about hunny? could u use that?

Not sure about using honey.....its really sticky so may not come out of the fur easily...also I can picture it being spread everywhere :shock:

If you can buy a jar of Hipp baby food..apple and banana or apple and blueberry or apple and pear ..buns love it so put a bit of that on their foreheads!

good luck!

honeybunny said:
If you can buy a jar of Hipp baby food..apple and banana or apple and blueberry or apple and pear ..buns love it so put a bit of that on their foreheads!

good luck!

so that encourages them to groom each other, i suppose all they want to do is groom rather than fight also

Pistachio loved the apple and pear baby food when I had to syringe feed her! bonding 3 should be ok, i have 6 together, 4 boys and 2 girls, you sometimes just have to let them get on with it! good luck xx jess

Back