• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

House bunnies and outside time

Isabel

Warren Veteran
Right-eo. Barney and Roxy are both house bunnies. I have a large lump of beautiful concrete as a back garden which is not enclosed.
BUT I wondered if they would be able to spend say half and hour to an hour of supervised time in a safe pen outside? I haven't got a pen yet, it's just something I'm mulling over in my head and wondered what everyone thoght. it's so lovely and sunny outside and they are stuck inside. I obviousely wouldn't untill it was warmer and then not when it was too warm.

My house buns went outside at the weekend for the first time this year. It can only be supervised - I have an enclosed garden, but no "roof" so not completely safe. But they loved it :D

make sure you are up-to-date on your vacs though :D

Angie65 said:
My house buns went outside at the weekend for the first time this year. It can only be supervised - I have an enclosed garden, but no "roof" so not completely safe. But they loved it :D

make sure you are up-to-date on your vacs though :D

Yes I'm going to get them myxi-vaccs again v soon although they are not due yet but Mandy said Nottm is a Myxi area so I don't want to risk anything.

Mine get time outside in nice weather - I try and make it 50:50 in summer so they get plenty of fresh grass and sunlight.

Last summer mine were outside all the time.

Caz

hi IsabelM
I've posted this before but two lots of fireguards cabletied
are ideal. the carboots will start again shortly and you should
find people selling them. we paid £4-5 a time and most of our pens
are made that way.

Neil-and-Maria said:
hi IsabelM
I've posted this before but two lots of fireguards cabletied
are ideal. the carboots will start again shortly and you should
find people selling them. we paid £4-5 a time and most of our pens
are made that way.
cooooooool thanks. There's a carboot up the road which is on every sunday so I might take a wonder down there. Thanks for the suggestion :D

Back