• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

is there a vacuum cleaner out there that can handle straw an

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
i have fantastic hoover for the lounge tackles everything including berties moult! However it cannot handle to much in the way of bits of straw and hay..
so i sweep up with a ruber broom before hoovering but it still isnt good enough to stop the hay etc getting stcuk at some point!
the kittens chase the broom etc and now so does bertie..and attacks the dustpan and brush..whilst im using it!
itd be so much easier to hoover it all up..

years ago when iw as a kid..ermm not that long honest ( lies thru teeth! :)) ) my dad was given a black and decker workshop vaccum with a little body..we nicknamed it metal mickeyafter the tv show. It had a bright orange hose on it and itwas almost as wide as a tumble drier vent hose in fact i think it was actually as wide.

id love something like htat now..sadly metal mickey broke down unrepairable when my girls were little..

ive never had such messy buns honest..and it doesnt help when the kittens join in..i have 4 hooligans on my hands with 2 buns and 2 kitties each out to spread the stuff far n wide!
eww the kttens have always loved playing pat it around and stuff it under the carpet/rug with berties big poos eww they prefer it to their toys its vile but so funny to watch..now theres a thought all you frenchie owners bag it and sell it as organic cat toys!
i bag it up when i can minus hay etc for my mum to put in her potted plants..and its turned her grass greener than ever!

so if anyone has a good vaccum please tell!

hmmm...not sure i'm afraid. I know it clogs our dyson (after husband wondered why the vacuum thant never loses suction was losing suction!! Might have had something to do with about half of the hose being clogged!!! :oops: :oops:

What about industrial vacuums? Might be pricey though?

Amanda x

I have the same problem, I did notice our plumber uses a Henry as he says it's quite robust for picking up plumber's rubbish

really!? i was even contemplating a garden vac if it can suck up loeaves twigs etc it must do straw and no nozzle to clog or pipe to clog! mind you itd be nosy and knowing my luck id put it on blow instead of suck..can you imagine the mess in my house.. :lol: :lol:

glad i didnt get a dyson then! :lol:

mm which henry have you got..the normal henry or the henry plus? think we should tell all house bun owners.. :lol:

anyone else got any tips?

btw i found a garden vac on argos for £29.99! sooo tempted lol

I love my Henry (red one with a smiley face). He sucks up ANYTHING including hay and straw.

I have a red Henry and dont think its that good :? How old is yours? Maybe I need to get a new one

Back