• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

have i ruined the trust?

Bhm1712

Young Bun
today i attempted to pick pirate up, i managed to do so but she struggled until i had her close to my body, but once i sat down with her on my lap she was breathing fast and heavy as if she was terrified. so i put her back down and attmepted again later on this evening, she was the same again, heavy fast breathing. Now she runs away when i try and go near her!

have i ruined the bond we had?

My bun used to be like that, he sometimes still is, he will struggle when i go to pick him up. There has been a couple of times where i have been in a hurry and hes put up a struggle. But with patience and that im sure he will be fine with you. Dont worry just give it a few days xx

I really wouldn't pick her up for now, transfer her in a carrier and don't pick her up as she doesn't like it. That's what I did with Pippa and after she was spayed and calmed down a bit I can pick her up now, although she still isn't very keen on it, but tolerates it long enough for me to put her into and out of the run.

scared

i think i scared her last night, as this morning she seems ok with me :D

maybe just a little bit timid still , but ill gain all her trust again, i just wanted to take her into another room!

Back