• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

do rabbits ever...

Jemma&Theo

Mama Doe
just sneeze?

O/H said he heard one bun sneeze yesterday and today. Now if it is cleo- its the first time she has come here and used woodshavings in her toilet.

I know it is a symptom of respiratory infections and snuffles- but do they every- just sneeze?

if not- how do i tell which bun it is?

I havent heard a thing

Woodshavings can cause respiratory (lung) problems, it's possible the sneezing is to do with that. It could be worth changing to a paper based litter just in case - better to be safe than sorry :)

definately, i never had problems with theo just imagined cleo would be the same. thanks.

could a new type of hay cause it too.

if it is the dreaded snuffles will they have wet noses?

you can check for a wet nose or matted front paws,

it could be her nose is a bit irratated by some dust or air freshner etc that she is not used to

theo is the one with the damp nose but i dont think he has been sneezing. and i mean like a spot of wet- not sticky but will check their paws in a sec-

just finished emptying beds of sawdust apart from their litter tray until i get some litter. just newspaper, vet bed and hay now.

if it is snuffles asd they need baytril, what digestive supplement must i feed to counteract the harmful effect of the baytril on their stomachs natural bacteria?

if it is snuffles asd they need baytril, what digestive supplement must i feed to counteract the harmful effect of the baytril on their stomachs natural bacteria

I got a probiotic thing from the vet that you just put in the water, sorry cant remember what it was called though :? :D

no more sneezes yet, theo has a moist nose (which he has always had) but its clear and watery so no cause for concern, all woodshavings gone except those in the toilet

Back