• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is your rabbit sleep a lot?

Liloupricou

Young Bun
Hi all,

It's now a week that we have little Tiny with us. But he seems to sleep a lot during the day... so I was wondering if this was normal for a bunny or maybe we have a sleepy one! :wink:

He just started to get out of his cage at the weekend, we took him to the Vet for a check on Saturday, everything is fine. He loved his new pet carrier so much that he spend all the day inside and on Sunday as well, maybe it's because he's all cosy in there and has little all to see what's going on around at the same time!

Also he makes me laugh as he can't walk on the wooden floor, he's freaking out... so he stays on his big mat!

I love him he's just a funny one!
(He's 1 year and 1/2, has been at a refuge for a while and was abandoned by a family with kids... poor thing)

Aww poor we soul :( im sure he will be happy now though.
My bun doesnt sleep a lot, he sometimes does but mainly out running around in his run and being nosey. Maybe yours is just not very confident and maybe a bit wary of wandering about doing his own thing.
I`m sure when he gets more use to noises and his surroundings he will be fine..

Good luck :D xx

Buns are most active at dawn and dusk. Some days Deej is up and running about a lot, but most days he likes to snooze all afternoon! :D

Enjoy the fact he's sleeping! :lol:
All day yesterday mine were running through the house then into the garden and back again... I wouldnt mind but when you have things to do and hae to supervise them out in the garden.
He may still be getting used to everything as well... I am sure he will perk up soon enough - thats if your ready for it :wink:

Muppet has a definite 'down time' between 11.00 and 15.00 :D He may or may not be out and about before or after.

Mine tend to doze all afternoon unless I rustle a vege bag!!! Then they snap awake and come belting through to the kitchen to beg for a nibble!

capel said:
Mine tend to doze all afternoon unless I rustle a vege bag!!! Then they snap awake and come belting through to the kitchen to beg for a nibble!

Mine too - they are so lazy. Apart from the younger 2 who snooze a bit, but as soon as they realise i'm in the house they start demanding attention.

Back