• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I am a numpty - advise please!

Spacegirl

Mama Doe
I just managed to pour boiling water over some of the water bottles. They have warped slightly but are still useable.
Question - are they dangerous to use - will they leak chemiclas or anything? Should I use them or chuck them?

Don't think they would crack, but the spout may not fit onto the bottle any more. Just hang them somewhere and watch, or put a glass underneath them to see if they leak slowly.

I don't think there is a danger of chemicals, just rinse them out again before using them.

I did that to one of mine - still works fine - doesn't leak. It is just because they are not thermoset plastic (more expensive as it can only be set into a shape once) - they won't leach anything.

Caz

I've done that loads of times, none of mine leaked although I did find that they deteriorate faster, I replaced them after a few weeks

Back