• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do I ??, Don't I ??, advice please guys

Snowy

Wise Old Thumper
I am sure most of you know the story of Mack and Mable, well it is patently obvious by Mable's behaviour that she hasn't been speyed, she is a little tart to say the least, she continually humps Mack and then when he's not looking she runs up to all the other bunny runs and wiggles he bum at the boys whether they be neutered or not!! :oops: :oops:

Now, my dilema is.....do I have her speyed or not?

We don't know how old she is but we do know that judging by her dreadful teeth, of which she hardly has any, that she is not a 'young bunny',

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

Could you get a blood test done first to see if there's any risk?

I know what you mean - I'd be worried about spaying an older bun, but there was a case on here a while ago, where someone had a 6 year old spayed & she had massive tumours
:(

Oooooo goodness, a dilema......... :?

Could your Vet run a blood profile on her to see how her kidney/Liver function is?
Does she have to have a GA for her Dentals? If so and her blood profile looks OK maybe she could be spayed when she has to have a Dental.
Perhaps a chest X-ray first :? Any sign of 'nasties' on that and I would be inclined to NOT go ahead with a spay. But if OK then I probably would. I would ask the Vet to give her extra post op' supportive care like IV fluids etc.

What a WUDE Bunny Mabel is!! :lol: :lol:

Janex

Angie65 said:

I know what you mean - I'd be worried about spaying an older bun, but there was a case on here a while ago, where someone had a 6 year old spayed & she had massive tumours

OMG :shock: :shock: :shock: that's awful, I could get a blood test done

Jack's-Jane said:
Oooooo goodness, a dilema......... :?

Could your Vet run a blood profile on her to see how her kidney/Liver function is?
Does she have to have a GA for her Dentals? If so and her blood profile looks OK maybe she could be spayed when she has to have a Dental.
Perhaps a chest X-ray first :? Any sign of 'nasties' on that and I would be inclined to NOT go ahead with a spay. But if OK then I probably would. I would ask the Vet to give her extra post op' supportive care like IV fluids etc.

What a WUDE Bunny Mabel is!! :lol: :lol:

Janex

Yep!, it sure is a dilema!!

She has dentals awake, no GA given, but I could get an x-ray done....didn't think of that!

And yes Mable is vary WUDE bunny, slapper springs to mind :lol: :lol:

Angie65 said:

that was us with Bambi..we debated over whether ot spey or not due to her age...but last year we left an old girl intact due to age worries, Iris, and then she was ill had to have an emergencey spey done..her uterus was extremely abnormal...

so we had Bambi done and if we hadn't she wouldn't have lived much longer as her womb was full of huge tumours..luckily it hadn't spread and she is till with us and being spoilt by her long term foster mum, Carol :D

tough decision though Theo :(

It's an awful decision Jill!, I really don't know what to do and I took Janes advice and asked our vet about an xray and she didn't think it would show much up?, so I am still in a dilemma

So, should I or shouldn't I?

Maybe I should do a poll :lol:

Back