• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

WARNING Hair can kill your rabbit

oh Tree im am so sorry :cry:

This is starnge but on Sat afternoon i noticed Ruby was wet around her mouth and chewing, i did indeed check her to see what was wrong i noticed she was actually chewing on her own fur after about half an hour and with a pair of tweezer me and the o/h managed to pull this out of mouth and throat
Furball.jpg

Ruby is ok now thank god. i never thought hair could do such damage

Awww, sorry Tree. :( What a nightmare weekend.

It's probably a good idea to ask the vet to look into the bunny's throat, if it isn't eating. My oldie Popsel wasn't feeling well before Christmas, so my mother took him to the vet, and they gave him all sorts of injections and my mother had to feed him with a syringe. She noticed that he could not breathe well when she tried to feed him and went back to the vet. This time the other vet (they are two who share the practise) was there and she checked Popsel's throat and pulled out a 4 inch hair sausage. It had built up from some hair that was stuck to a molar. The other vet hadn't even thought of that possibility.

Back