• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shed Layout

Phill

Wise Old Thumper
hi guys

right sometime this year i will be buying a 20ft long by 10ft wide shed. I can't spend another winter like this one!! Getting cold and wet and having to do everything by torchlight!

I would like to fit as many of the bunnies in the shed as possible. there are two groups that must go in the shed these are by two groups of four, one group are all meduim sized bunnys and the other are giants.

This is what i need to fit in

4- Meduim
4- Giant
2 - Small
2 - Small
2 - 1 small 1 medium
3 - 2 small 1 medium
2 - medium
2 - medium

HELP!

Phill said:
hi guys

right sometime this year i will be buying a 2ft long by 10ft wide shed. I can't spend another winter like this one!! Getting cold and wet and having to do everything by torchlight!

I would like to fit as many of the bunnies in the shed as possible. there are two groups that must go in the shed these are by two groups of four, one group are all meduim sized bunnys and the other are giants.

This is what i need to fit in

4- Meduim
4- Giant
2 - Small
2 - Small
2 - 1 small 1 medium
3 - 2 small 1 medium
2 - medium
2 - medium

HELP!

2ft long? do you mean 12 ft?

20ft! Wow!

I presume you want pens rather than just hutches? I'd go for for a pen across the end opposite the door ... that would be the biggest so maybe put the giants in that. the a walk way down the centre (presuming the door is in the centre). Say you made the giants pen at the end 10ft by 8ft (is that big enough?) then you'd have two strips each side of the walk way that would be 12'x4' which you could divide to fit the others.

So you could make that into four pens 6'x4'. Or you could have one side with two pens 6'x4' and the other with 3 pens 4'x4'. If you put raised hutches against the wall that would give you more floor space.

Or you could do one side with a 7'x4' pen to house the other group of 4 and a 5'x4' to house one of the pairs.

Tamsin said:
20ft! Wow!

I presume you want pens rather than just hutches? I'd go for for a pen across the end opposite the door ... that would be the biggest so maybe put the giants in that. the a walk way down the centre (presuming the door is in the centre). Say you made the giants pen at the end 10ft by 8ft (is that big enough?) then you'd have two strips each side of the walk way that would be 12'x4' which you could divide to fit the others.

So you could make that into four pens 6'x4'. Or you could have one side with two pens 6'x4' and the other with 3 pens 4'x4'. If you put raised hutches against the wall that would give you more floor space.

Or you could do one side with a 7'x4' pen to house the other group of 4 and a 5'x4' to house one of the pairs.

Brilliant thanks Tamsin! I would be giving all the rabbits raised hutches with ramps to effectivly give them split level runs, so they would have all the floor spae plus there hutch space!

this is how my master plan would pan out. (he he he )

one side

bigshed.jpg

bigshed2.jpg

Jemma thats briliant! :lol: thank you, the buns wouldn't be enclosed though, when i build the pens they walls will be 6ft as the ceiling is 7 ft, so the rabbits would have there floor space plus 6ft of hight to play with, brilliant architectural drawing though! Loved it!!!!! :D :D :D

Ditto Sally, I love th small mammal :lol: :D

Jemma, when I ned to redesign the enclosure's can you do my plans for me? :)

Back