• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Has anyone seen.....natural foods at P @ H?

Went in there yesterday with my vouchers from Crimbo, and they have started doing all natural foods!

They had jersusalem artichoke, mixed herbage and coneflower to name a few, all in little sealed bags, plus I think they had things like natural carrot pellets etc.

I bought the herbage, coneflower and artichoke and gave some to the two terrors last night....who promptly stuck their nose up at it!!

I left it overnight and they eventually ate it, but have they have left the jerusalem artichoke this morning in favour of just eating their usual pellets :roll:

I thought they would love them, being all natural...shoudl I just keep trying to tempt them by giving it to them?

I do however think that P @ H are going in the right direction, think they deserve a big clap :D My store seems to be really good....rabbits are always clean, as are surroundings, and although they do have big 'houserabbits' all the information is displayed about how big they get and how they are not suitable for small children....plus a lot of the staff seem really knowledgeable

Amanda x :)

The one local to me arent too bad, buns are always clean, but they dont clean the rats out very often and they can smell a bit which puts people off getting them.

My other half calls it 'Pets are dead' as everytime we go in there, most of the fish are floating.

yeah i saw them ! i did have a look but thought - mady would prob not be interested - as she isn't normally if i buy her something special from the pet shop ! :shock: and its normally a waste of money

BobandAbby's mum said:
Went in there yesterday with my vouchers from Crimbo, and they have started doing all natural foods!

They had jersusalem artichoke, mixed herbage and coneflower to name a few, all in little sealed bags, plus I think they had things like natural carrot pellets etc.

I bought the herbage, coneflower and artichoke and gave some to the two terrors last night....who promptly stuck their nose up at it!!

I left it overnight and they eventually ate it, but have they have left the jerusalem artichoke this morning in favour of just eating their usual pellets :roll:

I thought they would love them, being all natural...shoudl I just keep trying to tempt them by giving it to them?

I do however think that P @ H are going in the right direction, think they deserve a big clap :D My store seems to be really good....rabbits are always clean, as are surroundings, and although they do have big 'houserabbits' all the information is displayed about how big they get and how they are not suitable for small children....plus a lot of the staff seem really knowledgeable

Amanda x :)

ive seen that range everywhere now, Wilsons pet stores, garden centres etc.

Theo likes the mixed bag of potato, carrot and artichoke crisps. He wont eat the potato one though.

Yeah I bought a bag of the herbs, I sprinkle a small amount on thier breakfast each morning they love it :D

I have to say I agree with you. It is all too easy to list the wrongs of a store or organisation but how often do we sit back and say "well done" and give a little praise...

We all are urged to write letters etc, when something is wrong but what about acknowledging when something is right?

The hay experts are now stocking them and i must say my buns go mad for some of them!! I've tried a few and they like the herb garden and parsley bells the best. The herbs are great for mixing in with other stuff and it smells amazing!! The bells are great for them to chew on and they usually last a few days, although my frenchie benny devours his!!

bunny mad lisa said:
The hay experts are now stocking them and i must say my buns go mad for some of them!! I've tried a few and they like the herb garden and parsley bells the best. The herbs are great for mixing in with other stuff and it smells amazing!! The bells are great for them to chew on and they usually last a few days, although my frenchie benny devours his!!

We have a parsley bell but after having it for a limited time every few days, theos wee went like tippex. Be warned LOADS OF CALCIUM

they arent made by P@H though so they shouldnt get too many congratulations :lol: They are made by Rosewood.

I brought Audrey one of the mixed herb bags and she wasnt that interested- watch some of the products as they have egg in them which cant be good for rabbits!

o o o o i noticed them when i had to get vetbed. aswell as wanting to pinch all the buns and piggies i got a bag on ginsko (spelling?!) i put abit of that in breakfasts aswell and it goes down really well. they was so many to choose from i just grabbed one with a rabbit pic on the front :lol: :lol: :lol:

I saw this stuff in another pet shop near me the other day, and bought the Clover biscuits and carrot pellets. All the furries here have gone wild for the carrot pellets! A lot of the stuff I wasn't too sure of - wasn't sure about potatoes, for example. And, as someone else said, egg. :?

mine have had,
parsley bells,
clover cookies,
,mixed herbs,
rose petal sticks.
wood and carrot rools.

i want to get the mixed basket

Potatoes can actually used be as a laxative in buns. I wouldn't give any of my buns anything with potato in it unless I suspected they had an internal blockage.

Back