• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

nasty theo

Jemma&Theo

Mama Doe
theo just attacked me lots of times, i think because i have been stroking cleo.

im beginning to feel a lot of anger towards him now- hes turned into an evil devil

He is probably just a bit upset about another bunny coming into his territory, once they have settled down together he should be ok.

hi, it might be because you smell like another bunny. sorry the bonding hasn't gone to plan, if you follow all the advise on here i'm sue you'll be ok. :D

Yep, when I've been handling my other two buns, Teddy bites me. We have tried to bond him in the past and was unsuccessful, he lives next to the other two, but he gets loads of attention from us, so I'm confident he's not lonely. He goes out every day in the garden and comes inside for an hour or so as well. I did worry that he would be lonely, but after two attempts at bonding we've decided he's best as a neighbour, rather than a housemate.! Claire x

Hopefully he will, but I'm not very experienced in bonding, so hopefully someone else can give you some better advice. Wishing you all the best, though! Claire x

dont give up give him time its scary for him probably too he will have forgotten what bunny company is - you have to be very patient with bonding you cant just click your fingers unfortunately :)

Jemma..if you got her from Jane at Warwick...I know she offers a bonding service..so why not ask her to help? Would take the stress off you and Jane is very experienced with all this! :D

honeybunny said:
Jemma..if you got her from Jane at Warwick...I know she offers a bonding service..so why not ask her to help? Would take the stress off you and Jane is very experienced with all this! :D

I have offered to help as I only live 5 mins away for Jemma :D

BirdieBun said:
honeybunny said:

janes husband intoduced them yesterday and i feel i undid his hard work, im taking them there next weekend too- me and OH visiting warwick castle, she said they would have them for the day and try to bond them better.

Carys, you can come and help anytime you have free, do you know lots about bonding. I only have my OH and he squeals when they approach each other :)

Jemma&Theo said:
BirdieBun said:
honeybunny said:

janes husband intoduced them yesterday and i feel i undid his hard work, im taking them there next weekend too- me and OH visiting warwick castle, she said they would have them for the day and try to bond them better.

Carys, you can come and help anytime you have free, do you know lots about bonding. I only have my OH and he squeals when they approach each other :)

well i have bonded 2 pairs of buns and i then bonded those 2 pairs together so i had a group of 4. unfortunately my 2 boys feel out after 4 months of living together but i cant see getting your 2 together being a problem :thumb:

BirdieBun said:
Jemma&Theo said:
Hurrah!!!

When can you come round? im not working today , id imgine you are though.

Yey, cant be thankful enough

i am at work yes, i can pop round about half 6?

half 6 is great, thanks loads :) - hurrah. i swapped their beds for half an hour today so theyve been leaving lil scent trails for each other in preperation for the next time i get them in the ring :)

He's not being nasty :wink: - it's just all new to him, and he's had somebun coming into his territory :wink:

When I first bonded Robbie with Moosie, our whole house was Rob's - he went everywhere, so we knew it would take time :D - it took two weeks to bond them altogether, but it was worth it in the end :D

It didn't seem hopeful at first - Rob was constantly chasing and humping Moosie - they had half a room each to start with, and he used to go as far away from her half as he could :lol: We let them together for longer period over the two weeks, and usually let them chase etc until we could see Moosie was getting a bit fed up of it. Over the first two weeks, the change was amazing - Rob would sit next to Moosie's half of the room, and he got bored with the constant chasing, and decided he would rather be groomed :lol:

Distract them with toys and food when putting them together, so that Theo doesn't just see 'the other bun' :D

Jemma&Theo said:
right, carrots and celery leaf it is today then. They wont fight over the food?

Give them some each, rather than having them both go for the same bit - the food and toys are just meant to be more of a distraction than anything else - they might completely ignore them, but it's worth a try :D

Back