• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Your rabbit's run

cavysrock

Wise Old Thumper
what toys/items etc do you ahve in your rabbit's run, need some ideas so pictures would be great :thumb: :wink:

I always wonder whether there should be lots of room to run around or lots of toys :?

If I filled my run with toys then no where to run around in but I do have a tube, couple of boxes, a few wooden toys, a couple of willow/hay balls, a small box with hay in, a bit of vetbed to lay on (run on concrete).

Think thats about it!!

Somehtin to run through like a tunnel always seems to be popular - they like to get a bit of speed up and dash through :D
I always make sure there is something to hide/shelter in.
But their favorite thing is the grass - they don't stop eating (appart from to sunbathe on a nice day!) and they are happy to much away all day :lol:

In their lawn run my buns have an old hutch and a tunnel and a tube. In the run attached to the shed they have a shelter, box and couple of flower pots.

Here is Trip and Scarletts run

000_0886.jpg

000_0885.jpg

I will get some pics of Buu and Beau's run later :D

A bit of vetbed is a great idea :thumb: Mine are also on concrete and I never thought of doing that

sillyrabbit said:
A bit of vetbed is a great idea :thumb: Mine are also on concrete and I never thought of doing that

Only did it cos they just chuck the vetbed out of the hutch so thought I would try it in the run. Seems to be working at the mo :wink:

My run floor is covered with rubber matting (for Mhairi's hocks) then I cut the backs off two dining room chairs then chopped the half the legs off one so they are both at different heights, a tunnel, a trixie shelter, half a pallet, a low trug with straw and stuff to dig in and a hooded cat litter tray. Balls and a yoga ball. :D

In their enclosures they have two hutches (they like to sit on top), children's stools with straw matting on for them to sit on and under, willow balls, a hay tunnel each, boxes of hay, willow sticks to chew, plant pots filled with hay and small bits of veggies.

Mine has a piece of vet bed, his litter tray, a tunnel, a ball, a teddy and a shelter (that he never uses :roll: )

To be honest, now Austin is a pensioner he uses very few of his toys anymore. He loves to cuddle up and groom his teddy but never really runs around until he comes out loose in the garden.

harvey has a step stool, a fleecy cat tent thing for winter and a pop up thing for when its warmer. a yellow pages, a wicker basket (from poundland!)thats filled with hay and i sometimes hide his vegs in there. theres a willowstick or willowballs in there and a green snugglesafe tunnel thing which he loves. oh and the odd jangly ball aswell but never seen him play with it :lol:

Mine have got the floor covered in old laminate floor boards then i've covered it all in sand so they can dig and dig and wont dig out and escape (i learnt the hard way last summer ) :lol:

Then theres a tennis ball on a rope hanging from the top that they batter about, then the usuals - tubes and boxes and a jingle ball cat toy thing and a hang up hay ball. :D

Back