• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Audrey at the vets U/D- seems much better!

Azraelm

Wise Old Thumper
I had to take her to the emergency vets this morning as when I got up she refused to eat, was sat huddled in a corner and has a slight held tilt :( . I was so scared I was going to lose her as she just looked really ill :( .

So £138 :shock: later she has been given gut stimulant, painkiller and antibiotics.

Am off to have a read about EC now, but vet said it could well be her teeth again, please wish her better.

Oh no poor Audrey :cry:

Is she still indoors Mandy? I know you said you were going to have to move her outdoors at some stage. As she is poorly I wonder if she does need to be in at the mo' :?

Sending lots of vibes for your beautiful Bun

Janex

Awww Mandy sending healing vibes to the special Audrey bunny. Hugs to you .. You know where I am if you need me xxxx

thanks Jane, yes she is still indoors, she's just eaten a bit of carrot which Im really pleased about.

Oh God, What an awful shock Mandy!!! :cry: I'm wishing so hard that your beautiful girl is feeling much better soon! Hugs Hun Xx

thank you xx

Where can I find articiles on EC anyone please? I cant remember the full name of the condition :? :oops:

edit: found it

mandy said:
thank you xx

Where can I find articiles on EC anyone please? I cant remember the full name of the condition :? :oops:

Think its Encephalitozoon cuniculi, Mandy. I'll have a look for some articles for you, I'd just google it to be honest :) Really Really Hoping shes ok X

thank you Becki, she seems much livlier already, I can hear her munching on some veg now :lol:

Her head is still tilted though :? I found an article on EC and the other symptoms dont seem to match tho and it doesnt mention loss of appetite which she obviously had earlier.

Sorry to read this Mandy, sending all my vibes for her to get better soon, you really don't need any more bad stuff do you :(

Did the vet say it was EC or have any other suggestions?

kayjay said:
Sorry to read this Mandy, sending all my vibes for her to get better soon, you really don't need any more bad stuff do you :(

Did the vet say it was EC or have any other suggestions?

Well I'm not convinced she was very bunny savvy to be honest...she had to go and look up one of the dosages she was giviing as she said she hadnt had to administer it for a while.

I mentioned that Audrey had her teeth burred before and what happened just before xmas, and could it be that again. She said she couldnt feel many poos in her stomach so hence why she gave that treatment.

She said she didnt think the head tilt could be anything and to be fair it probably was less noticeable when we there as I guess because Audrey was nervous she was sat up and more alert...now it looks obvious again to me. She gave antibiotics just in case.

I have to see how shes doing tomorrow and take her in to the vet. Whats worrying me is this awful fear that may be the realy reason why Rowan died :cry:

BTW please dont think Im awful for being sat on the computer whilst shes not very well- Ican hear her drinking from here and keep going in to check on her!

Oh I`m so sorry Audrey`s poorly Mandy. :(
Here`s sending loads of vibes that she makes a speedy recovery & big supportive hugs to you.

Su.x

Sorry to hear that Audrey is not well Mandy.

Sending loads of healing vibes and nose rubs to your beautiful girl and a big hug to you.

Back