• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how did he escape

cavysrock

Wise Old Thumper
I but basil in the run a couple of weeks ago before he was ill, I went inside to feed the piggers and came back out to see him sitting next to Holly's run :shock: I went to get him but he ran under Holly's hutch, seems the fence blew down in that storm he could easily hop into the neaigbour's garden, so i called him and he came over to me :love: but when i came to pick him up he ran off again, so i grabbed a hand ful of pellets and puy them on the floor, he cam diving out to eat thema nd i managed to cath him.
Once he was locked away safley, I checked the run, the door was locked, there were no holes in it, but there was a gap this big underneath it because it was caught on a stone:
---------------

------------------

how did he get out of that :shock:

Wow hudini!

Well when barney was a bit younger (but still bigger than basil I bet) he got through a hole not much bigger than that! I think their fur makes them seem alot bigger.

Yep, after I had MJ for about a day I'd left them in a run on the grass as Pippa had never dug before. Within half an hour he had tunnelled out and his head was poking up the other side, and it was a small hole - only the size of his bum stopped him escaping!! I thought Kay would kill me if I'd lost him after only one day :shock:

My rabbit done that, well it was in his hutch i have a run joint onto it and i put slabs and bricks under the hutch so he couldnt get under it as he might have dug and escaped but i went out one day and couldnt find him and for some reason he had manages to squeeze himself under the hutch thrw a tiny gap!! i have definately secured it not though :D

Back