• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

leek, coriander, beetroot, parsnip and swede

Corriander and beetroot are OK - though the beetroot needs to be fresh and not pickled..... You may also get pink/red wee after feeding beetroot, just as a warning as it made me panic the first time :roll:

The one I am really not sure about it leeks.....

Though as they say - if in doubt, leave it out.

I've given mine some raw beetroot as it was recommended for the piggies as it's full of Vit C so I gave the buns a bit and it all went

Mine have parsnip and turnip peelings, coriander(which they practically turn somersaults for!!) and have small amounts of fresh beetroot but I've never given them leeks as they belong to the alium family and I think these are best avoided.

capel said:
Mine have parsnip and turnip peelings, coriander(which they practically turn somersaults for!!) and have small amounts of fresh beetroot but I've never given them leeks as they belong to the alium family and I think these are best avoided.

Deej didn't like parsnip or swede, and I've not given him beetroot (as I like to eat it all myself)!

You are right on lees though - not for buns (or most pets it seems)!

I think I read somewhere that leeks are like relatives to onions or something.. might be wrong, but they're not good for buns either way.

Like others said, Parsnip, swede, turnip and coriander are ok. Mine love parsnip. I have yet to try them on swede and turnip though.

Back