• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indoor Rabbit Cages

MarleyMoo

Alpha Buck
Hiya!

My house bunny Marlon is currently in a long, one level cage and I would like to move him in to something bigger. I've been trying to find a two level cage but not having much luck! Anyone know where I might be able to get hold of one? I have to admit I'm a first time bunny owner and from owning chinchllas who had a huge three level cage, I just feel he looks a bit to cooped up! He's a lionhead so I know he's not going to be massive but still, it'd be nice to have bit more room!

Any help appreciated!

MarleyMoo's mum!

Hiya, many people on here have their buns in a dog crate and have added a shelf in it to make an extra layer. If you do a search on dog crates and housing you should be able to find some examples :D

The best place to get one from is ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BRAND-NEW-VAL...hZ002QQcategoryZ20745QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

Failing that, if you want to continue to use your cage, you could make a pen extending from it like shown here (bottom of page)

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/rossrabbits/indoorcages.htm

I say get a dog crate and add a shelf or boxes etc to make it more fun.. i had a 48" one for my two then added a playpen to it as well to give them more room :D was much easier to clean, store, and move as the crates fold flat and the bottom trays slide out for cleaning :D I got both crate and playpen on ebay :D Crate was about £50 and the playpen was about £25 i think

Thanks for all your advice. I'm thinking the dog crate is probably going to be the best option. It helps having a handy other half... I think I've just found his next project!

Thanks again! :D

hi, I got mine 48inch ffomr idealpets on ebay, just £40.

I really would recommned a dog crate as you can fold it down if you need to (I took mine to the boarding place they stayed at) also they have loads of room to stand up. Mine use to hate going in their cage. I had an indoor rabbit cage when I first got Barney, he used to nibble on the bars, now he doesn't care when he goes in.

http://www.ideas-4-pets.com/pages-m...all-animals-double-hutches-big-discounts.html

There's some here. They're all outdoor ones though which I know some people don't like indoors as they're big and bulky. However I would say in defence of having big, bulky hutches indoors that our 2 buns are currently in a 3ft x 4ft three-story hutch that stands 5 ft high on castors for moveability (I designed it, my partner built it). It sits in our dining room and I can honestly say that after a while it just looks like another piece of furniture. You really do get used to the size and bulkiness and the buns absolutely love it and we never have to persuade them to go back in at night - they go in naturally by themselves. If you have the space it's definitely worth it I think.

Back