• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

coffin and sneezing

zoey-blogs

Warren Scout
ok so oscars started making sneezing noised n i think mite mite b a coff too! hes my first bun so im not to sure any1 ant ideas

Beau was making sneezy noises when we got him and the vet said it was snuffles, it cleared up with a course of baytril :D Not sure about coughing noises though Im sure someone else will know

zoey-blogs said:
ok so oscars started making sneezing noised n i think mite mite b a coff too! hes my first bun so im not to sure any1 ant ideas

You need to take Oscar to the Vet ASAP as it sounds like he may have a respiratory tract infection. Left untreated this can potentially become serious :( So the sooner your Vet examins oscar and if necessary prescribes antibiotic treatment the better.

Allergies are also a possibility, especially if Oscar is a House Bunny. Again your Vet will be able to advise you.

Please let us know how Oscar gets on :)

Janex

i dont hink he was coffin just tink that was me...hes definatly sneezing tho.....hes not his usualyself he actully niped me whilst having his tea time snuggle mite take him to vets in morning

zoey-blogs said:
i dont hink he was coffin just tink that was me...hes definatly sneezing tho.....hes not his usualyself he actully niped me whilst having his tea time snuggle mite take him to vets in morning

Well if he is actually behaving differently, ie 'not his usual self' I think it would be a good idea to call the Vet for advice TODAY. Bunnies go downhill very rapidly :cry:

Good Luck

Janex

jsut phoned the vet he says he cant see oscar today but to take ther for 9 tomorra morning. he says in the mean time to keep an eye on him and keep him warm he says it sounds like the sniffles........i told him hat hes still eating and drinkin normally its just sneezing.......fingers crossed for tomorra in the mean time hes sat next to me on my bed with his towl

ok hes seen the vet.....hes fine! one happy bunny goin bk nxt monda for his 2nd jab and hes gettin booked in for neautering (sp)...if you could see him now hes having a mad moment

zoey-blogs said:
ok hes seen the vet.....hes fine! one happy bunny goin bk nxt monda for his 2nd jab and hes gettin booked in for neautering (sp)...if you could see him now hes having a mad moment

I know my comment is going to sound particularly rude, but could you PLEASE get a good book about house rabbits? And READ it, from cover to cover, front to back, upside down, everything. Never get a pet you know nothing about. It really is best if you can recognise the symptoms of every common ailment that a bun may get, because if you think your bun is a little 'off colour' then you should be able to do kind of health check yourself to make sure nothing is seriously wrong. Buns go downhill quicker than you'd imagine and it is not worth risking your buns life over a few hours reading time and a few pounds.

They do go downhill quickly, time is of the essence. As soon as you suspect something is wrong get them to the vet. Have you got pet insurance? It's less than £10 per month and covers you for any illnesses your bun might get - much better than being stung for hundreds of pounds of vet treatment. Try PetPlan :)

Back