• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

***PTS*** dont think so..GOT HER ....i survived

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
:evil:

had a call from our vets today....they have a bunny booked in on monday to be put to sleep.

no it doesnt have a terminal illness ...no it isnt injured or in pain .....
it BITES :shock:

vet wanted to know if we could take it .

we are full .
already have an urgent pair coming in at the weekend ...but what could we say ....poor bun :( :(

:evil:

Angie

god dont people have perservance anymore?...
whats the betting its only a youngester, who has outgrown the 'cute' baby bunny phrase?!...

thank god they have been rescued thou!

OMG that is terrible... Thank god u r there to take the buns on.. Well at least u'll have 1 free space wont u ? :wink:

Appalling :evil: :evil: So glad you have made room, what buns would do without people like you. xxx

On a more serious note can anyone tell me what the obligations are for a vet to

Accept to take a bun in for euthanasia and if they do what is the legal implication in not doing what a "client" has requested and expects and has paid for - yet doing the opposite ?

I know the moral and right views just want to know if anyone knows the legal or vet guidelines?

thats awful my dillion bites and kicks and generally acts like a hooligan and yes it is frustrating and i would love a cuddly bunny but i would never part with him or put him to sleep it's part of his personality. an animal is for life and somehow that message seems to be getting lost somewhere

PTS i dont think so

I am so glad that he will not be PTS :) who knows what trauma he may have been through to make him aggressive :evil: thats if he is and its not just an excuse to get rid of an unwanted bunny :( :evil:
Mandy nothing that the RSPCA do would surprise me :shock: :? in this area (east london) they PTS nearly all animals given over for rehoming :( disgusting :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

OMG, Angie! Sorry if i sound naive here,
but i thought that only ill animals were pts
at the vets, i never realised that people
could go and "request this" :shock: .
That is terrible :(

well ...we ve got the lady bun . Shes called Peter :shock: :? ...they thought it was a girl till they took her in to be neutered :?

She hasnt biten me yet ....but then again shes so fat i doubt she could move fast enough anyway .

i was told she isnt used to being out of her hutch :shock: :?

ive put her some veg in and lots of hay but shes ignoring it all ...probably doesnt know what it is . :roll:

poor girlie ...bet she doesnt know where she was supposed to be going this morning :evil:

well im off to test her biting reflex as shes got a very mucky bum . ...
wonder if Angie 65 would lend me her armour :roll: :wink:

oh ...and this family has another rabbit they want us to take ...but no room yet :(

bunnymadhouse said:
well ...we ve got the lady bun . Shes called Peter :shock: :? ...they thought it was a girl till they took her in to be neutered :?

She hasnt biten me yet ....but then again shes so fat i doubt she could move fast enough anyway .

i was told she isnt used to being out of her hutch :shock: :?

ive put her some veg in and lots of hay but shes ignoring it all ...probably doesnt know what it is . :roll:

poor girlie ...bet she doesnt know where she was supposed to be going this morning :evil:

well im off to test her biting reflex as shes got a very mucky bum . ...
wonder if Angie 65 would lend me her armour :roll: :wink:

oh ...and this family has another rabbit they want us to take ...but no room yet :(

Well done you and the best of luck, but I'll bet you DON'T get bitten!!

So let's get it straight, she's one overweight rabbit, not been fed properly with hay or veg and has hardly (if ever) comes out of her hutch.....

AND THEY WONDER WHY SHE BIT THEM :evil:

Looking forward to seeing the pics of her, well done on getting her off death row

Back