• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Complaint to Vet - Vet's Reply

fluffiebunnie

Warren Veteran
I wrote a letter of complaint to my vet as they insisted I separated my bunnies when Twinkle was spayed (wouldnt let Pickle stay with her). After reuniting the bunnies they are not bonded and at present they are still not truly bonded but living together. Pickle is mean to Twinkle and she is extremely nervous and wont go near him. Think I caught him nipping her today :roll:

Anyway the vets phoned today and he did agree that some bunnies do not like separation whereas others wont have a problem. He said that as there is a known problem with my two bunnies then he would be happy to keep them together in the future. He is worried about stitches and the sorts but would be happy to try internal stitches and glues if he knew they would be together (think he worried one bunny would over groom the poorly area).

He suggested various ways of re-bonding. Usual stuff. I told him that to date nothing has worked.

I am happy the vet has took the time to look into the problem and read up a bit on the issue. He has tried to accommodate me with my bunnies so I am happy to use them again. If any of my bunnies need to have a stay at the vets I will be allowed to bring them both in together.

Thanks to Hilda (Capel) for the polite and to the point draft letter. Otherwise I think the vets would of been glad to loose my custom if I had sent a letter with the abusive words on my mind :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's good Donna, at least some good might have come out of it as he'll hopefully think twice before banning a partner again

Yes am pleased :D . He said he wont change the policy of his practice, but will look at each case individually and I said I was happy to continue using them as I have no complaints whatsoever so far.

I will just have to mention on booking an appointment that both bunnies will be coming.

:D

Spacegirl said:
That's good then.
I would be interested though to know why he doesn't use internal stitches ALL the time?

He made a point of saying that "for example on a male castration". Pickle was done by him and he had two small external stitches there.

Not that my two would be going in again for a castration or spay :D

I wonder if you could sell the hutch and replace it with a new one.....A bit expensive I know...but maybe totally strange surroundings would help.

capel said:
I wonder if you could sell the hutch and replace it with a new one.....A bit expensive I know...but maybe totally strange surroundings would help.

That might be a bit difficult Hilda as it is a custom one - two 4ft hutches joined together. Dont think they will come undone now so hard to transport. Also the run attachment is custom joined. They dont look that pretty either as they are joined so dont think I would have many takers.

Did think of buying new hutch/run but will have to save up a lot for that!

Good idea though - keem em coming!!!

Back