• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbits just ate soap!

Crystal butterfly

Warren Veteran
... and i dunno what to do :shock: i got up this morning to find that i fogot to close Crystal and Floppsys cage last night (their cage is just outside my bedroom) and they obviously had fun because when i got up i went into the bathroom to see they had nibbled quite abit of soap (bar of soap) i still dont know how they got the soap as it was sitting on the sink where they couldnt get it, im thinking maybe the cat knocked it down. but now im feeling abit panicy as im unsure if it harmful to them or not im gunna ring the vets at 9 see what they say. any advice?

I would say get them to drink some water, but that may make it worse. I'd wait and see what the vet says and keep a close eye on them.

ive jus spoke to teh vet and she said just to keep an eye on them and if they start showing any ill symptoms to get them straight down to her. ive jus checked my buns now and there looking fit and healthy hope it stays that way :thumb: i know il never leave them out over night again! :shock:

Do they have foam coming out of their mouths?? :lol: I had a bar of soap in a cupboard under the sink, and a few weeks ago I found out that mice had come in there, through the holes along the pipes. They had eaten quite a bit of the soap. I have no idea what attracts them to it. Soap is made from fatty acids and alkaline, so nothing really dangerous. They may have an upset tummy for a while.
Hope they are doing ok.

Back