• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

new rabbit food

cavysrock

Wise Old Thumper
My brother bought me a bag of rabbit food cos it was half price, it is big green pellets, it is Modern Rabbit Diet from Fold Hill.
I mixed it with supa bunny excel and they picked out the enw food, they love it!!!!

Hi Beth,

What's the nutrition content - is it good? I'm always looking out for different foods for my two, so would be interested in getting it if it is high in all the right stuff.

Protein 13%
Oil & Fats 5%
Fibre 12.5%
Ash 6.5%
Vitamin A 22,000 iu/kg
Vitamin D3 1,250 iu/kg
Vitamin E 100 mg/kg
Vitamin C 800 mg/kg
Copper as Copper Sulphate 15 mg/kg

That's some seriously low fiber!

What are the orange chunks? Colored chunks in pellets in the US are usually sugary treats, which aren't very good.

naturestee said:
That's some seriously low fiber!

What are the orange chunks? Colored chunks in pellets in the US are usually sugary treats, which aren't very good.

Thats just what I was thinking :? . 12.5% is very low in fibre compared to other brands, the pellets I use are 23% and 27% fibre. Is this the one they sell in tescos? If I remember rightly I looked at the ingredients and it contains artificial colourings, not good !!! You would be better sticking to the excel as that at least as 16% fibre and no colourings.

I wish I could find pellets my rabbits will eat, they have a mix that's not that high in fibre either but they love it and refuse point blank to eat anything else :roll:

Back