• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

young frenchie with bloodshot eye/distorted pupil

montyflossy

Alpha Buck
hello wondering if anyone can help... am new to this site!
I have a french lop doe who is just coming up to 6 months. about 6 weeks ago her eye was running so i bathed it according to vets instruction.
now over the past few days her eye has a ruby tinge to it which is increasing and the pupil looks mishapen/distorted. her eye is not running and flossy is very nuch her usual self (happy, friendly, relaxed and eating well!) any ideas as to what this could be? her other eye is its usual greeny colour with normal pupil etc.
as far as i'm concerned it doesn't matter what she looks like or if she was blind in this eye but would like to know if anyone has seen this before or knows what it could be before i stress her out with a car ride to the vets.

Thank you in advance!

Hello

I would take Flossy back to your Vets. What you describe sounds like it MIGHT be a condition called Uveitis. Uveitis is an inflammation (swelling and irritation) of the the uvea. The uvea is the layer of the eye between the sclera and the retina.
This can be caused as a result of damage to the Lens of the eye caused by a condition called Encephalitizoon Cuniculi (EC).
Obviously I can only guess at what may be wrong as I am not a Vet and I cant see Flossy

Your Vet will be able to examin Flossy's eye and give appropriate treatment depending on what the Vet sees. Please let us know how you get on

Janex :)

hi, i think it's worth getting your vet to check it out even if just to put your mind at rest

Back