• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Archie and Clover becoming friends

Fionabun

Mama Doe
My new boy Archie and Clover are today being bonded. We are nearly four hours in.

He was neutered only 2 weeks ago and is clearly very interested in doing the deed with her. So far, she is ok with it and is running off. She can't really get near him for a good look as he fancies her too much! :oops:

Any extra advice I should heed, I am taking them in the car for a few minutes in a mo, and they are both running around with mashed banana on their heads and not interested in cleaning it off.

Should I separate them if his hormones are too much? What constitutes too much? He has a good old try every few minutes at the moment. They are both on neutral territory

Fiona x

If you have no fighting, please leave them together, they are doing fine. Chasing and humping with her running away is all perfectly normal, she will let him know either by trying to nip him or even spraying him that she is fed up. This chasing etc will calm down with time.

I assume that if he was only neutered 2 weeks ag, that your female is speyed.

I just can't get the vision of buns sporting banana caps out of my head :lol: Things seem to be going well...looking forward to the next update!! If Karen had given a minute by minute repot of Fudge and Furby's bonding it would have been :
10am OMG :shock: He humping her
10.03 He's humping her again :shock:
10.05 He's still humping her
10.08 he's running round chasing her..she's running away :)
10.09 He's humping her :?
It's a manthing!!!!!
It does settle down!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi Fiona
Hope Archie & Clover, fall in love, sounds like it's going ok. Jinxy was neuteured a few months ago, and he's still trying it on with Fleur. However, she is just as bad at the moment and won't leave him alone either!!

Good luck with them
xx

Hi there. Thanks for replies.

Clover was neutered last summer and Archie was done two weeks ago.

Things are going really really well at the moment and they are snuggling in my lounge watching TV. :love:

I have to say that the 'banana heads' did lighten the mood for me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Clover groomed it off Archie after a while but he took one sniff and decided he didn't like banana and she sat with it on her head for ages :oops: :lol: :lol: Oh and it hardens by the way so she still has the remnants stuck on.

I think its starting to become love and they look very happy. Fingers crossed that they are still friends in the morning. I am sleeping on the sofa next to the run just be sure!

Will post a piccy soon

Fiona x

Fionabun said:
Hi there. Thanks for replies.

Clover was neutered last summer and Archie was done two weeks ago.

Things are going really really well at the moment and they are snuggling in my lounge watching TV. :love:

I have to say that the 'banana heads' did lighten the mood for me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Clover groomed it off Archie after a while but he took one sniff and decided he didn't like banana and she sat with it on her head for ages :oops: :lol: :lol: Oh and it hardens by the way so she still has the remnants stuck on.

I think its starting to become love and they look very happy. Fingers crossed that they are still friends in the morning. I am sleeping on the sofa next to the run just be sure!

Will post a piccy soon

Fiona x

*stamps feet* why are we waiting....

Here are some piccies of Archie and Clover

I think they like each other!

ArchieandClover003.jpg

ArchieandClover002.jpg

ArchieandClover008.jpg

Fiona x

nicole said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you look closely you can still see the remants of banana on poor Clover's head :lol:

Fiona x

Fionabun said:
nicole said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you look closely you can still see the remants of banana on poor Clover's head :lol:

Fiona x
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I noticed, brilliant, aww bless it looks good Fiona :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: I'm shouting on Daryl to come and have a look at Archie and his new burd :lol: :lol:

Abracadabra...you've a pair of bonded buns!!!! No need to sleep on ths sofa...they'll be fine :)

Back