• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help!! Need temp home for 6 buns, sheffield

TheGaffer

Mama Doe
Hi,
Could anyone possibly help me out? I've received a letter this morning an 'order for possession' from the county court, telling us to leave on the 20th March!!

Basically, to cut a long story short, even though the landlord knows we are in the proccess of buying a house, he's gone to court to have us evicted! I filled in the court forms last weeek, explaining everything, I thought they'd be reasonable. I only asked to have until 4th April, the house we are buying is a vacant possession.

I've left a message with CAB to get some advice about applying to have the date extended, but if it all goes **** up, is there anyone who could temporarily look after my buns? Their all indoor buns. Obviously only the bonded pairs need to stay together.

Theres: Moonshine and Flospy (both doe's) who have a 48" dog crate, and normally free range in our dining room.

Smudge and Dudley (doe and buck) have indoor cage and free range in our spare room.

Billy (buck) lives in 2 tier hutch, has exersise time in our bedroom normally (I have a pen on order)

Emily (doe) Has a 42" dog crate and free range in our living room.

If I do need people to take them it should only be for 2-4 weeks max.

Thankyou,

Nicola

OMFG :shock: What a comlete :censored: the landlord is :evil:

I really wish I could help :?
We will sort something out, try not to worry (how stupid that sounds :roll: )

Janex

This happen to my mum and dad about 15 years ago. They were buying a new house and the date kept being put back. They were renting at the time and the people who owned the house were coming back to live there. They had no-where to go. The solicitors advised them to sit it out until it went to court then move. By the time it got that far the house was ready and they could move out!! A bit cheeky but desparate times and all that......

Sorry can't help with your rabbits....a bit to far a few weeks holiday.

Hope it gets sorted for you soon!! :D

If you can bond your last two (or I could do it for you) I can board them all here as I will have three large foster pens free at the weekend.

PM if this is any help.

Louise

If there's any trouble with Louise taking any, i have no problem with a couple coming here for a few weeks. But i am away for 5 days on 24th March, so it would be my friend looking after them, so you would need to be ok with that :wink

Has the landlord just started possession proceedings, or do you actually have an eviction date? On the basis that you will be moving out shortly anyway, I doubt a District Judge would order an immediate possession order - most are within 14 or 28 days of any Possession Order being made anyway. It might be made to coincide with your leaving date in any event. If a Poss Order was made, you would be homeless and then would be looking for temp accommodation. You must see a Solicitor or speak to someone at CAB. If you are in receipt Income Support or Income Based JSA, you will qualify for free Legal Help. Even if you are working, you may still qualify for free Legal Help. If required, an application for legal aid can be made and depending on your income, a contribution may or may not be necessary. Good luck.

Hi,

Sorry been working so much I've not been on here for ages.

Has the landlord just started possession proceedings, or do you actually have an eviction date? On the basis that you will be moving out shortly anyway, I doubt a District Judge would order an immediate possession order - most are within 14 or 28 days of any Possession Order being made anyway. It might be made to coincide with your leaving date in any event. If a Poss Order was made, you would be homeless and then would be looking for temp accommodation. You must see a Solicitor or speak to someone at CAB. If you are in receipt Income Support or Income Based JSA, you will qualify for free Legal Help. Even if you are working, you may still qualify for free Legal Help. If required, an application for legal aid can be made and depending on your income, a contribution may or may not be necessary. Good luck.
We have a date decided by a judge without a hearing. They have not taken anything I explained on the court forms into consideration. So basically even though I said that we've got an 8year old child, and are currently buying a house and aim to complete by early April, it doesn't seem to matter.

I haven't been able to sort anything out cos I've been at work and doing overtime. I think we can appeal the decision, which we will and then see what happens.

Louise, I'll PM you soon,

Nicola

go for squatter rights!!
it'll take them 6 month to get you out, you will be in your new house waaaaaay before then!
(i assume it still works this way.. :? )

Back