• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

5' Hutch Manufacturers

Tamsin

Administrator
Staff member
I was talking to a pet shop today and they were having difficulty finding a supplier of 5' hutches. I'm a bit out of the loop so can you give me some company names for good quality hutches not the plywood ones?

Thanks

pads4petsuk do 2 tier ones... they've got ply backs though. I got one from them off ebay for £50 + £20 p&p, I wasn't too impressed with the quality in some areas, so complained - got £20 refund & fixed the hutch up myself! in summary - not great quality, but cheap.

I don't know if it's the same company but she said one of her suppliers had switched to putting plywood backs on the hutches and they'd warped just being out on display outside so not great quality :(

VB hutches looks good :)

Tam

don't know if it's the same company but she said one of her suppliers had switched to putting plywood backs on the hutches and they'd warped just being out on display outside so not great quality

That's not good! I'll keep an eye on it - no sign of warping yet... the VB ones do look good, don't they!

These people are great, not cheap but well worth the money. They did my double 6 x 2 x 2 for me :D Ryedale

[/url]http://www.rehutches.com/delivery.htm

I'm glad you've posted links, I'm after some new hucthes for the redesign later in the summer :D

Ryedale did both of my outdoor hutches and I also found them great. As Steph said, not cheap, but they're really good quality (as well as attractive), and the people there were sooo helpful and friendly (even the chap who delivered it). They custom built Mango and Chutney a run as well - I gave them all the measurements over the phone and it fits perfectly :D

The other Company I've used is Pearson's, and they were really good too. Their hutches arrive flat packed, which is an advantage in some respects (eg you can have it delivered to work) but then of course, you need to be able to screw it together. They went together well though - not like some of the flat packed furniture you buy :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.pearsonspets.co.uk/hermes/shop/8,1,20

Anyone local to me will be able to get 5 x 2 x 2 hutches ..... ..4 x 2 x 2 double deckers and
6 x 2 x 2 hutches from Honeybunnies soon! :D

not much help to you though Tamsin :oops:

honeybunny said:
Anyone local to me will be able to get 5 x 2 x 2 hutches ..... ..4 x 2 x 2 double deckers and
6 x 2 x 2 hutches from Honeybunnies soon! :D

not much help to you though Tamsin :oops:

:no: Jill, I'm not sure its ethical to use forced rabbit labour to build hutches :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:D Highly reccomend VB Hutches. Just had two rabbit dens off Murray and they are well built and buns love them. :D :D :D

Diane

Back