• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

any ideas for the new extension...?

CottonMather

Warren Veteran
I've added a 4ft single hutch onto the end of Gaius & Flower's run... but stuck for ideas of what to put in it! They have access to their main (2 tier, 5ft) hutch, and a 3ft hutch (which acts as a passageway into the run), so they have everything they need... but what can I add for fun? :D

What do your buns enjoy as hutch toys/activites etc.?
Any ideas appreciated!

tubes and boxes with holes cut in, jingle balls....thingss to throw around and chew in Audreys case :lol:
How about a litter tray full of mud to dig in? Telephone directory to shred?

Audrey has this tube which was brought by my friend, but Ive seen them in a few shops.

Demonstration by Worm :lol: :

wormtube4.jpg

wormtube5.jpg

I know Chikkitikka has a digging box which sound slike fun. A few people have child friendly sand that their buns can dig around in.

Wow the phonebook sounds like fun!!! - I think I'll give that a go :thumb:
I've got a digging pit with kiddy sand for them under the sheltered bit of the run - they do enjoy it :D
access into the new extension is via a tunnel - they really like it - they go shooting up and down it (see thread in 'stories & pics')
I like the one you have for Audrey though, Mandy... but I think you should book her in for a check at the vets - she looks very feline! :lol:
I'm off to find an old phonebook now - I'll let you know what they think! :D

I can confirm that phone books are a great deal of fun. Barney rips them to shreds in minutes.

You can hang edible bits, many like plastic flower pots to throw about. cardboard boxes with holes cut in them to climb in and out of.

It doesn't have to be expensive, it is often like a young child's toys the cheaper the better.

Back