• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Magnetic cat flap?

bissli

Alpha Buck
Hiya,

I've just given the buns a basic cat flap in their playhouse which is currently locked while I finish building their run. My only concern is that it has a magnetic strip which makes it shut properly and although it's not too strong a magnet, I'm worried they may not be able to push it open. Has anyone got a similar cat flap for their buns and do the buns have trouble with it?

This is almost the same as the one I got (can't find the exact one anywhere!) - http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wc...01&langId=-1&catalogId=10701&productId=733010

Our shed bunnies have a magnetic catflap & they all cope fine, even the baby. Once you have shoved them through it once or twice, they soon get the idea.

Phew! That's good to hear! I was really worried about it! I'll shove them through it tomorrow and see what happens!

They might be a bit hesitant about coming back through it but I just waved a carrot at them from the other side of the catflap & they soon realised that they did understand how it works. Amazing how you can get things done by waving a carrot at them!!!!

I have one similar and mine are fine with it. It's hilarious watching them if I detach the run and let them have free range in the garden, I open the playhouse door and they do a circuit at about a million miles an hour through the cat flap, out the door round the garden and back through the cat flap again!! :D

Back