• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

free hamster/rat cage

Azraelm

Wise Old Thumper
I have this cage free to a good home:
http://www.pet-shop.net/html/ratcage.html

Its used but in good condition...someone was keeping a poor little piggy in it originally :( . Its probably more suitable for syrian hamsters than little ones due to the spacing of the bars.

Would prefer it went to a rescue or someone who will home a rescue hamster/rat in it or for an exisiting pet rather than a pet shop one :)

Collect from Nottingham NG3....PM me if interested.

How about donating it to a rescue? Even if they can't use it, they might do car boot sales to raise funds.

I've taken rodent cages to Nottingham Small Pet Rescue in the past, but I don't think they're open any more.

Amy

Can't believe Max was kept in that :( How can anyone think it's suitable for a guineapig. I would have thought it a little small for rats too, but having never had one I don't know really!!! Mice probably ok for it too, we used to have two pet ones believe it or not, now we have dozens :roll: :lol:

I thought about donating it to Kirkby but cos I dont have a car I didnt fancy carting it about on the train :lol:

Yes I too think its a bit small for a rat, but ok if they get lots of time out. One things for sure its not a guinea pig cage! Poor Max :x

No offence, but that cage is too small for a pair of rats to be housed permanently in. It's only about 2 cubic feet rather then the recommended 4. It would be OK as a hospital cage though. I am sure it would suit a syrian hamster if the bar spacing is OK for one.

Julie

julieszoo said:
No offence, but that cage is too small for a pair of rats to be housed permanently in. It's only about 2 cubic feet rather then the recommended 4. It would be OK as a hospital cage though. I am sure it would suit a syrian hamster if the bar spacing is OK for one.

Julie

Hi Julie
Yes I agree....was just putting it as a rat cage as thats what it was sold as, but should know better really :oops: I thought it might be ok for one if they got lots of time out.

i used to use it at weekends for our office rat to come home with me :)

Its will be used as a hamster cage by its new owner anyway.

Back