• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

VERY WORRIED!!!

Liloupricou

Young Bun
Hi all,

Sorry me again the newbie and stress bunny owner! :oops:

I had the scare of my life last night, we went to bed closed Tiny is his cage for the night, closed the kitchen door, went upstairs to bed, closed the bedroom door. And around midnight we have been awaken by a very aigu noise like a scream but not human one!

I rushed downstair to check on Tiny, he was eating his food and looked at us like we were two nutters! I've got foxes around but it wasn't their usual noise so.... my question can rabbit scream very aigu noise but very very lood!!!!!? :cry:

He was fine this morning so I'm confused.

Sorry but I'm so stressed... he's such a little cutty I'm just in love with him and knowing his past I just want him to be happy now!

Rabbits can scream a very, loud piercing scream when they are distressed, but your bunny sounds fine. Maybe the noise came from outside? A fox or a wild rabbit? :( Claire x

Hi there.

I have no idea. That must have been scary though.

I heard a lot of excessive thumping from my rabbit run last night whilst I lay in bed and bolted outside in the pouring rain in my jammies right across the garden only to find all of my rabbits having a great time doing binkies and thrashing around . It looked like a disco :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: And I was the embarrassing mum who had turned up to spy on them :lol: :lol:

Hope you can get to the bottom of it.

Fiona x

Rabbits can scream and its very distressing to hear. Seems unikely though uif he was locked in and seemed fine :? Could it be fox cubs - they can make an awful noise.

Prob was a fox.

Fionabun - mine do lots of mad thumping (more because the girl is boss and doesn't always let the bot in the bedroom at night! She sits in the dorrway so he can't get past!). But i lay in bed worrying about the neighbours! lol! He really stresses me out when he does that :twisted:

Well I've booked an appointment to the Vet for Saturday just to check that everything is ok. I need to be reassure...

Sounds quite fox-like to me, as someone else has said perhaps it was a young one so sounded slightly different?

Its got to be one of the most awful sounds in the world :(

It was very scary... I had trouble to go back to sleep after that I just hope he's ok, I can't wait to go back home to check on him! Poor little thing :cry:

awwww im sure hes fine and it was an animal outdoors i have not heard a bunny scream and dont want too either :(

good luck with him but im sure all will be just fine :D

if you have foxes near, vixens scream when ready to mate.
the first time i heard it i though i child was screaming in fear :shock: :(
it is a horrible noise!

Years ago when I was a kid, our very old bunny got quite arthritic, and he once screamed with pain. He was put to sleep due to the fact he was obviously suffering so badly. :(

yeah me too!! went running out into the street one night as i thought a child was in danger and there was a fox right outside might gate screaching away!! it chilled me to the bone!
it doesn't sound like it was your bunny as he obviously wasn't stressed.
It so easy to worry though as we love them sooo much!

When I first had Pippin, I went to [pick her up and she screamed it was horrible. Has Marley died he let out a scream it was one of my most horrible experiances ever :cry: :cry:

I've heard a rabbit scream and it is a horrible experience - they only scream in severe situations tho, if they're afraid they just thump as this is their warning of danger. If your bun is fine I'd say it was highly unlikely it was him you heard screaming.

Back