• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Loved up or indifferent???

fluffiebunnie

Warren Veteran
Seen all your lovely bunnies all snuggly and loved up and I am jealous!!! Is there anyone on the forum that have a pair of bonded bunnies that live together but dont really interact???

Pickle and Twinkle were never cuddly bunnies, but since Twinkle's spay they are never in the same place together.

Can bunnies live together side by side if they are not loved up???

I know over time that my two have become more loved up, in the beginning they were usually in different locations. Hopefully given time your two might be the same :love:

Hi Donna, have you tried re-bonding them ie neurtral territory and all that jazz?

Mine sometimes don't intereact for long period of time but then will snuggle up together. I don't have much experience with couples so I don't know if other people have different experiences.

actually mine have become closer over time too. they still chase each other some times but I think they are just playing snd occasionaly one will push the other to get food but I think this is normal dominance behaviour, it seems to change from time to time too. :D

hi my dillion and ava are bonded but they do their own thing most of the time dillion isnt a really sociable bun with anynone rabbit or otherwise but they get along fine (i still have 2 hutches though) just incase one wants space it seems to work fine for me

IsabelM said:
Hi Donna, have you tried re-bonding them ie neurtral territory and all that jazz?

Mine sometimes don't intereact for long period of time but then will snuggle up together. I don't have much experience with couples so I don't know if other people have different experiences.

Long story, but yes. I re-bonded them (after my vets broke the bond) in my house and they were all snuggled indoors. Vinegared their hutch/run so neutralised it. Pickle was very territorial but has stopped that now but they are still ignoring each other or avoiding each other.

mine dont snuggle up. if charlie is washing, jackn will come up and shove her head under charlie's so he's forced to wash her instead. they sometimes lie stretched out togther but I wouldn't say they were particularly loved up...

Jack used to follow Charlie around but since her spay has become a lot more independent.

fluffiebunnie said:
IsabelM said:

Long story, but yes. I re-bonded them (after my vets broke the bond) in my house and they were all snuggled indoors. Vinegared their hutch/run so neutralised it. Pickle was very territorial but has stopped that now but they are still ignoring each other or avoiding each other.

awww that must be so frustrating for you. Were they more lovey before her spay?

I'm sure as Kayjay said they will probably improve over time. I know I sometimes get jealous of other forum members whose rabbits seem to instantly have been in love. Mine had a bit of a scrappy bonding but thinking about it I think they have got closer over time.

buddabun said:
if charlie is washing, jackn will come up and shove her head under charlie's so he's forced to wash her instead.

ha ha Roxy does that, I think she's very clever.

IsabelM said:
fluffiebunnie said:
IsabelM said:

awww that must be so frustrating for you. Were they more lovey before her spay?

I'm sure as Kayjay said they will probably improve over time. I know I sometimes get jealous of other forum members whose rabbits seem to instantly have been in love. Mine had a bit of a scrappy bonding but thinking about it I think they have got closer over time.

Yes they were more friendly before the spay. Since the broken bond Pickle has become very "angry" for want of a better word and Twinkle has become very "skittish".

No bunnies are getting physically hurt but I do worry about Twinkle being nervous and Pickle sitting sulking in the run on his own all day :roll: :cry:

oh dear, I'm sorry I don't know what else to suggest. Maybe try posting in the behaviour section, I'm sure someone with more experience will be able to help. good luck, I'm sure something will be possible. :D

Have you tried putting a tiny bit of mashed banana on their foreheads so that the other other licks it off? I seem to remember reading that somewhere..or maybe it was a vodka induced hallucination :lol: :wink:

capel said:
Have you tried putting a tiny bit of mashed banana on their foreheads so that the other other licks it off? I seem to remember reading that somewhere..or maybe it was a vodka induced hallucination :lol: :wink:

:lol: :lol: No I've read that on here too. banana or something similarly tasty.

Back