• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Went to the zoo!!!! Bunnies and piggies inside!

Rallybunny

Warren Veteran
Thought it might take my mind off Evo being in for his dental today. I love the zoo and try to go at least once a year. Sorry there're so many pics!

A stork
DSC00044.jpg

Lion
DSC00047.jpg

DSC00048.jpg

Red ibis
DSC00049.jpg

Bongo
DSC00050.jpg

Lemur having a snooze up a tree
DSC00053.jpg

Orang Utan :love:
DSC00057.jpg

DSC00058.jpg

Gorilla
DSC00059.jpg

Heffalumps
DSC00063.jpg

DSC00065.jpg

Giraffe
DSC00068.jpg

Black wild bun in the zebra enclosure
DSC00069.jpg

Zebra
DSC00072.jpg

Wild buns in the elephant enclosure
DSC00074.jpg

DSC00075.jpg

DSC00076.jpg

Buffalo - my fave
DSC00078.jpg

Armadillo :love:
DSC00080.jpg

Meerkats
DSC00081.jpg

Piggies in the desert area....I never knew they were from Peru origianlly
DSC00085.jpg

DSC00086.jpg

The piggies are great - are they just normal domesticated ones or the wild sort (if there is a wild sort!!)

kayjay said:
The piggies are great - are they just normal domesticated ones or the wild sort (if there is a wild sort!!)

They just looked like normal piggies to me, they were all that browny sort of colour though. Maybe that's what colour they are naturally???

Poor Mr lion looks like he is caked in Mud! :evil:

Lovely photos, not that I am an adovcate for zoos though....

I haven't been Paignton Zoo for ages last time I went it was WAY too expensive. So a rare treat. Where in Devon are you?

Me aand the OH visit zoos quite often. We are fairly local to Howletts but when we visited his grandparents in Devon we went to Paignton zoo. It was really good and within walking distance!

Jacqui_UK said:
I haven't been Paignton Zoo for ages last time I went it was WAY too expensive. So a rare treat. Where in Devon are you?

It is expensive, but worth it I think. I live in Torbay.

Morrigan1981 said:
Aww, lovely pics.
Did you get to see the new baby black Rhino at Paignton? I caught the news story about her earlier this evening... she's soooo cute :love:

No, I didn't get to see the baby, but they had a feed of the webcam set up outside.

If you go Port Lympne it's definately worth going on the African safari (£5 each). When we went the baby giraffe came really close to the truck!

Back