PDA

View Full Version : Who gives their bunnies naughty treats?

BirdieBun
06-03-2007, 02:41 PM
You dont have to post or make comments just vote :thumb:

Lynn
06-03-2007, 02:43 PM
Depends how you define treat :lol:

I'm thinking you mean food wise, rather than toys etc - if so, the only treat I give is a bit of apple or pear :) I give no 'treat' type things you can buy in pet shops etc :?

BirdieBun
06-03-2007, 02:45 PM
Y'know like a bit of biscuit, or toast, or crackers etc?

Azraelm
06-03-2007, 02:46 PM
Why what have you been giving yours?

If Im eating toast I *may* give Audrey a teeny bit of bread :oops: :lol:

Lynn
06-03-2007, 02:46 PM

No to all three then :lol:

Azraelm
06-03-2007, 02:47 PM

yep :oops:

BirdieBun
06-03-2007, 02:49 PM
mandy! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i shan't comment in detail as i will get shot :oops:

Adele
06-03-2007, 02:52 PM
Absolutely NOT :!: :!: ....the rabbits definately do not have a piece of Tea Biscuit on a Sunday morning :oops: :oops: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BirdieBun
06-03-2007, 02:52 PM
Absolutely NOT :!: :!: ....the rabbits definately do not have a piece of Tea Biscuit on a Sunday morning :oops: :oops: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: awwwww

Azraelm
06-03-2007, 02:53 PM

come on! :lol: Im sure you said gravy and mash last time :lol:

haffyj
06-03-2007, 02:55 PM
Squiggle my new bun i recently rehomed likes his cracker of a night time or a ryvita :lol: stale bread and toast is a good treat too :D

BirdieBun
06-03-2007, 02:55 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: oh mandy!

beans and mash!
crackers!
mustard!
dry weetabix!
jam tart!
raisin wheats!
curry!
spaghetti!

oh god the list is endless!!!!

Rabbers
06-03-2007, 02:57 PM
Mine get treats but nothing too bad. They get the very odd piece of dried bread or a piece of fruit. I have been known to give one hamster choc drop to them too when they have been particularly good :lol:
and sometimes my family buy them the hanging seed things which they enjoy, but i don't buy them as they eat them too quickly!

SarahP
06-03-2007, 02:59 PM
Mine don't get anything naughty - they get a bit of dried fruit (cranberries), but that's all.

Azraelm
06-03-2007, 03:03 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: oh mandy!

beans and mash!
crackers!
mustard!
dry weetabix!
jam tart!
raisin wheats!
curry!
spaghetti!

oh god the list is endless!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: I used to refuse to give Audrey anything naughty but recently I cant resist her little face...and she bites my trousers if i dont give in :roll: :lol:

Dasonix
06-03-2007, 03:09 PM
Jazzy has a bit of a jack daniels problem ;)

JOKE

honestly our just have healthy treats now.

touie
06-03-2007, 03:11 PM
mine don't get anything usually apart from Fudge who gets dried fruit (pineapple, papaya, raisins) because he's freerange in the house and swings from my trousers if he doesn't get a bit :shock: :lol:

Angie65
06-03-2007, 03:11 PM
Is apple naughty??

I do feed the odd bit of toast :oops:

Lynn
06-03-2007, 03:20 PM
Is apple naughty??

Well, not naughty :lol: , but I do only feed fruit rarely because of the high sugar content - I'm probably over cautious, but having had a bunny who suffered with terrible digestive problems most of his life, I prefer just to stick with the simplest of foods that I know agrees with them :D

Kezza30
06-03-2007, 03:24 PM
Buttons gets an egg biscuit with his pellets once a week and an egg cup full of fruit mix.

whiskyscruffles
06-03-2007, 03:34 PM
Buzz has been known to have the very occasional bit of dry bread or digestive biscuit, but generally its good treats only, like a little bit of carrot or extra vegges adn herbs. i think he stole a raisin my sister dropped the other week, but thats a one off!

Rushie
06-03-2007, 03:37 PM
Urmm, well I MIGHT give the occasional little naughty treat :oops: :oops:

Kate

weepeep50
06-03-2007, 03:41 PM
I'll get shot for this, but my Benjamin LOVED pistachio nuts.
If we did not get the shells off quickly enough, we were in danger of losing our fingers!!!!!
He lived until he was 9, so they could not have done him too much harm. Jo :bunny: :oops:

Azraelm
06-03-2007, 03:43 PM
id like to point out that I only meant a crust of bread, not a whole loaf :lol: ...Audreys so greedy she sees celery as a treat anyway :lol:

BirdieBun
06-03-2007, 03:47 PM
id like to point out that I only meant a crust of bread, not a whole loaf :lol: ...Audreys so greedy she sees celery as a treat anyway :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: awww and she bites your trousers if you dont give in, Bambi nearly takes my arm off if she dont get what i am eating - she dont like me treating her like a bunny :roll:

capel
06-03-2007, 03:48 PM
Buttons gets an egg biscuit with his pellets once a week and an egg cup full of fruit mix.
What's an egg biscuit?

Kezza30
06-03-2007, 03:50 PM
What's an egg biscuit?

There rabbit treats made by Shaws, look like those trifle sponge fingers. He only gets one if he finished all his pellets through the week.

weepeep50
06-03-2007, 03:54 PM
Benjamin loved egg biscuits too.
I still have 2 boxes left over from when he passed on. Have decided not to start any bad habits with my new bunnies though.
Jo :wink:

kayjay
06-03-2007, 03:57 PM
Mine like the dried fruit from P@H and MJ does like a Rich Tea biscuit, but I don't give him one anymore as if I have biscuits in I eat them :lol:

fluffiebunnie
06-03-2007, 03:59 PM
Mine dont get any treats - I am so mean!!

Treats for my bunnies is the occasional bit of banana :lol:

kitschkitty
06-03-2007, 04:12 PM
Deej used t get the occasional bit of wholemeal bread, but that's it!

Fruit is part of his regular diet, but only in small quantities and is normally apple peel or tomatoes, very occasionally a dried raisin if I've bought myself one of those small bags of dried fruit, but he likes them way to much and always jumps on me and is nose to nose when I'm trying to eat them myself! :roll: :lol:

Morrigan1981
06-03-2007, 04:13 PM
Jen doesn't get any treats other than healthy ones... not because I feel particularly virtuous about these things, but just because given my luck with bunnies I worry that she'll kneel over if she even got a whiff of a digestive :shock: I just daren't risk it :oops:

janice
06-03-2007, 04:23 PM
A treat to mine are a big handful of dandelion leaves or freshly picked grass, I think they prefer that really than some high carbohydrate treat.

The 3 year old foster gerbil I have who has a tumour on its face, however is allowed a tiny chocolate drop a day as a treat. He is living on borrowed time :wink:

BirdieBun
06-03-2007, 04:59 PM
awww you are all very good!

my outdoor 4 dont get naughty treats just the occasional bit of brown bread and whilst little man has been poorly he and orchid get a bit of dry weetabix - its just bambi she doesnt do bunny food :? :o

bunnymadhouse
06-03-2007, 06:06 PM
:? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Snowflakes mummy
06-03-2007, 06:06 PM
I knwould like to add a few things to birdie buns list lol! :lol:
I hasten to add this is all Isaac - Snowflake wont touch a thing .. except dolly mixtures chocolate and mango sorbet...
Isaac is above, and birdie buns list and
Pizza
Spicy Salsa
Crunchy nut cornflakes
and anything thats not meat he can shove in his belly.....
and of course there's the proper rabbit treats to lol.... :oops: :lol:
and sunday he licked out the baking tray after I had baked some cookies....

honestly though they dont get many treats its just he has on occassion been known to nick the above....
but his fav has to be cheese and onion crisps! - try kissing him after them and its not pretty :lol:

Flo
06-03-2007, 06:26 PM
erm where do I begin

Bananas
Apples
Those hangy things
mixed seeds
sesame things
digestives
hob nobs
custard creams
weetabix (the fruit and nut one!)
Raisins
Peanuts

Beebop
06-03-2007, 06:39 PM
Banana, apple and pear thats it! I am so strict! :lol:

I used to feed oats and toast, but since reading on here buns don't handle carbs well, I haven't fed it since.

I would never feed anything with milk, eggs or any other animal product in it, to me its wrong....they are vegans... :? :lol:

I thought I was norty feeding banana, seems not! :lol:

Isabel
06-03-2007, 06:50 PM
OMG :D I'd better not let Roxy see these lists, she'll think she's ard done to.

She will eat anything off my plate (I'm a student I'm allowed to leave them for a maximum of 7 days :lol: ) but I don't let her do it much, it's usually just if I forget but I'm surprised at what she'll go for.

I did once have a chocolate cheese cake with my boyfriend, being the lazy people we are we just had it in the foil thingy in the front room. Literally as soon as I sat down she launched herself at it :shock: I've niver moved so fast! You see she can't have treats as it means less food for me :lol:

Beaney
06-03-2007, 06:50 PM
Nothing! I am very strict on mine. He is an old guy and doesn't have the best digestive system in the world so no human treats for him. If I want to give him a treat, I get him some dandelions.

AmyJo
06-03-2007, 07:40 PM
Rudy would never dream of pinching some bread or digestive biscuit. Never! Hes a good boy :oops:

tupperwarequeen
06-03-2007, 09:18 PM
Taz has never ever stolen pizza or chocolate cake or apple crumble out of my dish ever ever :oops: :roll: :oops: :roll: :oops:

bluelop
06-03-2007, 10:18 PM
They have a little piece of brown bread once a week. I also buy the rabbit yoghurt drops and put them in a little plastic pot. When they have the run of the garden and its time for them to come back to the shed I shake the pot and they come running. It works a treat.lol. Pam. :D

cazza
06-03-2007, 10:19 PM
choc gets the Raviolo treats and Dinos
she also gets the orange ones that help there coat - cant remember there name

she probably gets too many treats really but she is soo cute when she wants one

caz

purplebumble
07-03-2007, 12:14 PM
:oops: are house bunnys exclusive to anughty foods?
our old doe was a nightmare..she would even steal food off your fork!
my youngest was eating oven baked chicken my poor atempt at maryland chicken!..with shop oven baked onion rings and sweetcorn..no trouble to kibbles.she ran up hoped onto the side of the chair leaned across and nabbed the onion ring off the fork..not nly that but escaped us and came back for another one!
cheese n onion risps..the cats biscuits as she ate through the box shed dragged inot the lounge for them..
nad her fave..crispy bacon sandwiches..dont ask
all i can say our fault for not having room ofr a table n chairs in that house.and whatever was yours was hers..nothing was safe!
she used to root through the groceries intheir bags after shopping and one day dragged a snack size pack of mars bars behind he bed settee..by the time we got her shed eaten through the wrapping and eaten half the mars bar..and this was AFTER she had her inscisors removed!
my daughter used to suck icelands own jellybabies..no colours etc in thosedays..and kibbles would help herself if my daughter had fallen asleep( she had terrible strep throat and she had M.e but noone really knewwhat it was and the jelly babies were soothing) but kibles..like my daighter only liked the red and blackones :lol: :lol:

woozle had a soft spot for rich tea biscuits..and wilkos apple block bunny cake

oscar was a chocoholic..wed never given him the stuff..but one day he started nicking it off the table where my daughter has her daybed on the setee..

same with bif..which got nipped in the bud..

and bertie..weve had him since sept 1st and over crimbo he suddenly got a taste for chocolates..they were everywhere even on the tre..um not for long..
how if you dont give it tothem do they suddenly get a taste for something as toxic as chocolate?

i give them those excel treats that look like cigars..mint ones or dandelion ones..then they get a little dried fruit..cranberries..strawberries and apple..and strawberry leaves..dried..blackberry leaves dried etc.i can give them an interesting dried green food topping then..also dried marigold flowers . but if you have chocolate anything only eat it whilst theyre intheir pen or eat it upstairs! :shock: :lol:

Victoria39
08-03-2007, 11:57 PM
Many years ago we had a house rabbit and the cheeky little madam used to slurp at my husband's cider! This is madness, during the war my uncle bred rabbits (say no more) and he used to feed them on porridge oats and tea leaves - yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumy!!!!