• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

dog crates

we're got a 482 one for Moonshine and Flopsy in our dining room. It's left permanently open for them to come and go.

Just took this. Sorry, it looks a bit messy today,

6march07011.jpg

I've got another one being delivered this week, for Emily, to go in the front room.

Nicola

This was mine a few months ago. It's not too different now but haven't got the ramp at the momnet as i left it at the boarding place. I also gave up on the fleece as they just wee on it! I've got a 48incher (oh yes!) they mainly have the whole front room at the mo and are just in there at night.

cratesetup2.jpg

we thought about putting a shelf in ours, but Flopsy's a frenchie X so she's quite big, and I was worried about losing height on either a bit of lower or upper level. If you see what I mean?

Does anyone have a frenchie or large bun in one with a shelf?

Nicola

oooooooh tupperwarequeen! How did he do that? they look ace. We were just saying the other day that a second shelf would be good. Also, are they esay to take out again for disasembly?

:( frenchies or big bunnies dont jump or climb too well and have a lot of probs with ramps and shelves..bertie our frenchie has doggy steps for the setteee and he can jump but when he lands i swear i canhear his joints buckling!
I have the 48inchone and i think Bif would love a shelf with a ramp like in that pic but she wont leave berties side!
with a f enchie big bunny the shelf would have to have sides and be huge!
If you manage itlet me know! :lol:

wow thanks everyone ! they all look fab and i'll have to send this thread to my husband to have a look.
hubby is being really nice at the moment and said that when we move mady can be in the living room :D. she is in our bedroom at the moment in our flat.
also he has not said no to me getting her a hus-bun when we are settled ( in my book not a no is a yes :lol: :D ) so i think we need a crate for moo and her future hus-bun.
i have to say all the pics are very impressive ! i was thinking about having a shelf of some kind in - when we get it.

so where did everyone get their dog crates ? i have looked in the argos book and they have a large one in their for about £50

here is Audreys crate:
crate.jpg

It is actually the one from Argos- but i brought it second hand. i wouldnt reccomend it though as it isnt very sturdy. Bigger, better, cheaper ones can be found on Ebay :)

IsabelM said:
oooooooh tupperwarequeen! How did he do that? they look ace. We were just saying the other day that a second shelf would be good. Also, are they esay to take out again for disasembly?

they are 2 L shaped shelves, so that there is a big area in the middle which has full height. They are supported by a wooden batten with sort of prongs at the ends so that they go through the bars, one small one at the small bit of the L, one long one going compeletely front to back - does that make any sense :roll:

It took hubby a couple of hours to sort it out, it can be taken apart, but I just clean round it :wink:

NOOOOOO the argos one is weeny!

ebays the best place!

we have a rotweiler sized one..it was for oscar n bif..now its a refuge for bif n our frenchie bertie and the kittens when the buns let them! :lol:

Mine was about £45 from a pet suppies website (would have to check which one) and is Giant size, had a picture of St Bernard in it on the box!

mine is the biggest you can get I believe and was from an ebay shop "ideal pet products". It was £40 including p+p. it's probably not as good quality as the usual ones but they can be around £100 :shock:

thanks everyone - i have just emails the link to this thread to my hubby ! i'll let him go mad and build shelves :lol: :lol:

Back