• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Digby & Angel very poorly......THEY`RE BOTH GONE!

cannonwoman

Warren Veteran
Digby ( my fluffy frenchie ) stopped eating & pooping late yesterday evening :cry: :cry: His stomach is very gurgley but not bloated. I`ve been up all night with him giving infacol, probiotics, tummy massages & trying to tempt him to eat but to no avail. :cry: :cry:
He`s been to the vets this morning who can feel no sign of a blockage or anything but he does have a raised temperature so he thinks he`s got an infection. He`s been given some metaclopramide, baytril & a painkiller.

I have got to continue with what i have been doing & will contact the vets again if there`s no improvement. At present he just seems so flat.

Please can i have some vibes for my poorly teddy bear.................

Su.x :cry:

Oh no, not Digby! My daughter and I love him! We fell in love with him when we were looking for pictures of french lops. Sending lots of hugs and get well wishes - please keep us updated! Claire x

poor Digby!!!
sounds like your doing everything possible! have you tried him with some herbs, that helped one of my bunnies, the smell can help get their appetite going. Infacol always works well too. as he is a big bunny maybe he needs a bit more. For my small lionhead i used to give him 1 mil at a time and give him it every hour for the first few doses, then every few hours. I was told that you can't really overdo it. My french lop had a bout of gas and i gave him about 3 mil.
hope this helps
hugs to Digby
Love Lisa and the buns

poor Digby!!!
sounds like your doing everything possible! have you tried him with some herbs, that helped one of my bunnies, the smell can help get their appetite going. Infacol always works well too. as he is a big bunny maybe he needs a bit more. For my small lionhead i used to give him 1 mil at a time and give him it every hour for the first few doses, then every few hours. I was told that you can't really overdo it. My french lop had a bout of gas and i gave him about 3 mil.
hope this helps
hugs to Digby
Love Lisa and the buns

Flippin' 'eck Su I think our Buns are in competion to see who can cause the most stress :shock:

Poor Digby, hopefully once the abx have kicked in he'll feel better

Sending healing vibes

Janex

Poor Digby - special vibes from me and Dusty (who can empathise with his hurty tummy) x

Not Digby :( Sending all my vibes for him to get better soon.

He can't have caught EC from your other bun can he (if that's possible)

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! After posting about Digby, Angel ( his wife ) has now started displaying exactly the same symptons! :shock: :cry:
After Digby going downhill so rapidly i wasn`t going to take any chances, so it was straight back to the vets & she is now on the same course of treatment.
All we can think of is that they have both picked up/eaten something nasdty in their enclosure :?: Though i have no idea what! :? Needless to say their shed is going to be fully disinfected & the attatched enclosure moved. Fortunately they are nowhere near my other bunnies. They are at present residing in the garage with heatpads, blankets & loads of snuggly bedding. And i am basically following quarantine procedures.

I really can`t believe this is happening & ask you all to send as many vibes as you can spare..............................................

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Su.x

:( :( What a nightmare. I'm thinking of you and your buns and have everything crossed that Digby and Angel get better very soon xx

Back