• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

wood or laminate flooring

madysmummy

Mama Doe
how are buns on it ? mady is used to carpet in our flat and when we move the house has carpet at the mo but i would like wood flooring in the bottom half of the house - mady will be in thie living room when we move and just wanted to see how other buns deal with wood flooring - are they like dancing on ice ???

It depends i think. My Buttons is fine walking and running on it but the others can't even stand on it without sliding bless them.

My two absolutely hate it. Have tried everything but they are petrified and will just scrabble around and jump onto the nearest item to get away from it.

I really wanted them to be house bunnies, but seeing as our downstairs floor is predominantly laminate, I have decided that they would be much happier back outside...so I am compensating by having a new 5' x 8' run built onto the double 5' x 2' hutch (used to have a 5' x 5.5' run).

Amanda x

I think it does very much depend on the bun. My Daisy will not go on any type of slippery flooring, but Bertie on the other hand, has no problem at all with it and bombs about!!

Mine were fine with real wood flooring but laminate was too slippery downstairs, they got used to it but they really weren't keen - I had textured laminate upstairs which the buns were fine with.

Caz

i have laminate and my mum has wood floor in her living room. harvey finds it very hard to walk on the laminate and skitz about so when i have him in i lay an old bedsheet on the floor for him. wood seems alot less slippery and think it would be abit easier to walk on.
but my mate has laminate and her bun is fine on it.

I had one that was totally fine with laminate - scared me the speed he ran across it :lol: , and one that hated it, however, the one who hated it is now a bit better on the real wood (moved house :wink: ). Charlie won't entertain either - just stops as soon as he gets near it. Totally depends on the bun I would say :wink: Putting a rug across it might help get them from A to B, but I found it just made them stick to the rug :lol:

I have had some rabbits who wont move out of their indoor pen / cage if they are on laminate, others find it is no problem. Some get used to it in time, others don't. The way round it I found with a few of the buns is to have rugs or carpet tiles for them to use as stepping stones.

Back