• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Hutch, weird behaviour?

Latte Lover

Young Bun
Moved my two bunnies into new, much bigger, hutch on Saturday. The hutch is 6x2x2 feet raised with ramp to the attached run 6x4x2 feet. The hutch is lined with lino, with a deep layer of sawdust all over.

Talle, the boy (neutered), keeps kicking all the sawdust out of the sleeping compartment so that it is practically bare! I put it all back in, and then watched while he went and kicked it - first backwards through his back legs, but then he also pushed it out forwards with his front paws! it was very funny :lol:

He never did this in his old hutch. Why would he be doing this?

Any ideas?

:lol: It's a well known fact that rabbits, when faced with a beautiful clean and well stocked hutch, immediately set out to destroy that order. I think they get double points if they can actually get all of the bedding onto the floor :lol:

My little doe does this too - sometimes she pushes all of the bedding into one corner and then uses it like a pillow for flopping on, other times she pushes the entire lot on the floor! :roll: :lol:

Sounds like a fab hutch! What lucky bunsters! :thumb:

thanks to all, very reassuring. Makes sense I suppose.

Its great to see them hop around in all the room they have now though. i started with an "Eglu" but would not recommend. I was caught up in the hype of them, but the run area is a ****** to clean, and once they are just a couple of months old the house bit is just not big enough. cos they only have a small space to poo, wee, sleep and eat.

i then moved them to a traditional hutch and run in September and just moved them into their bigger one this saturday. They were doing binkies all over the place in their new run!

i just don't recall Talle or Latte (the girl) doing this in their previous homes, but maybe its just that Talle is now older and cheekier!

Back